Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is how I see things shaping up:

Out:
N'Jie
Chadli
Fazio
Yedlin
Carroll/Mason (one of or possibly both)

In:
N'Koudou
Another attacking mid

Leaving us with:
Kane/Janssen
Alli/N'Koudou Eriksen/New Cam Lamela/Son
Dembele/Bentaleb Dier/Wanyama
Rose/Davies Jan/Wimmer Toby/Dier Walker/Trippier
Lloris/Vorm
I don't know what will happen with Pritchard. Onomah should probs go out on loan. Marcus Edwards might see some game time. CCV should make his debut. Winks will probably get a look in.

Tbh I'd be very happy with that squad. There's no deadweight, tons of versatility - so we actually have more cover than simply two players for each position - and some good academy prospects to bed in.

As for who the new CAM will be I'm not sure. We're out of the Wijnaldum race apparently, leaving Yunus Malli and Sofiane Boufal as the two we've been linked with most. They'll be around the £10-15 million range and I can see it happening or there'll be some left-field high-profile deal - Isco anyone?

Kane/Janssen
Alli/N'Koudou Eriksen/New Cam Lamela/Son
Dembele/Bentaleb Dier/Wanyama
Rose/Davies Jan/Wimmer Toby/Dier Walker/Trippier
Lloris/Vorm

Is this some sort of nickname for Erik amongst the cockney mechanics, after his 5th top end engine rebuild?

:lameladisgust:

I think the signing would ideally be naturally left sided, but comfortable in the middle too

Soon enough Edwards can provide cover in the middle, Alli is best there, Son could be effective.

Marco Reus??!

Last edited:
We should save that picture of the team eating at the restaurant today.

Wonder how many of those players will be here when the window closes.

Yea mate. 25 years as a Spurs fan, but only decided to start wasting time on here a couple of weeks ago

Worked in Liverpool until a few months ago and missing the constant "skits".

Pogba is not a guy that controls the games, he has brilliant moments. no way he is worth that money

I wasn't overly impressed by him in the Euros, thought he played on the edge of the action rather than the thick of it. But then fans of another site told me he's the next coming of the messiah and how he will ragdoll everyone in the league.

So I desperately await to see his first 50/50 with Mr Dier or Wanyama, just to see how he gets on.

Has flop written all over it. Even if he turns out quite good, anything short of being the next Messi or Ronaldo will be deemed a failure at that price tag.

Back
Top Bottom