Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You make footballers sound so one dimensional. So static. And everyone freaks if a player can't be pigeon holed. I find it depressing to be honest.

It's a similar argument for playing Son/Chadli up top however. Players are people with skills, those skills are transferable position to position and even in different roles within systems. I don't think having Dier and Wanyama weakens us.

Shame Bongani Khumalo isn't still on our books... surely there was a sponsorship tie-in opportunity there?!!
Bongani-Khumalo-Spurs1.jpg

That's racist.

Plus we have Wanyama now.

I'll just leave :kanehand:

It's a similar argument for playing Son/Chadli up top however. Players are people with skills, those skills are transferable position to position and even in different roles within systems. I don't think having Dier and Wanyama weakens us.

But not everyone is adaptable. I don't think Son/Chadli are, but I take your point in general.

What is your point actually? Chadli and Son have generally been dreadful when being played as strikers... if anything it shows that those skills aren't necessarily transferable position to position.

What is your point actually? Chadli and Son have generally been dreadful when being played as strikers... if anything it shows that those skills aren't necessarily transferable position to position.

Care to give examples of Chadli and Son being terrible when being played as a striker? In one of the few games Son played up front he was involved in two goals.

The point is that while players are described as one thing, that doesn't mean it's all they are. I'll give you a better example. Is Messi a striker or a Right Winger? He started on the right, moved central, then is back on the right. The skills are transferable, even though he does different things in each position.

If we are looking at just Son and Chadli as options for playing up front, they are both more than capable, but neither are nearly as good as Kane. The problem Son has is Son is more akin to a Jermaine Defoe/Jamie Vardy type striker as opposed to a Harry Kane.

I'm not starting this debate again anyway because we have Vincent and N'Jie to both play up front if Kane is unavailable or it's time for plan B.

He won't let it go that he was wrong about son & chadli being able to play upfront.
Which is highlighted even more by poch getting janssen.

To be fair, last summer I said bentaleb would be our best player & captain us in the new stadium.
& I still haven't given up hope yet!

As memphis said, we all barely know anything about football compared to the experts.
Although I still love the guys on here who think they are experts (I don't mean you jockmur).
As they sit in there office they tell themselves they just never got that break in to football management.
But there's no harm in it.

I can think of only a few other players, since I've been following Spurs, that I've simultaneously liked so much but am constantly frustrated with.
Windy put it best.

If Chadli worked in an office he'd be the guy who seems to be constantly messing about on the internet but who always meets his targets.

I can think of only a few other players, since I've been following Spurs, that I've simultaneously liked so much but am constantly frustrated with.
I feel like he hasn't gotten his fair playing time in our new system. He's not shit, he's just not good enough to start with Eriksen, Lamela, and Alli as our option. I would hate to get rid of him though.

Back
Top Bottom