Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let WBA fall on the sword. By making this so public they are setting themselves up for trouble. Fuck them, walk away and see how they like it. They obviously want to sell him.

Only bad negotiators let their ego dictate their bargaining position. I would hope to god that Levy doesn't care if he's made to look a fool in the negotiating process. We should identify our targets, determine what we are willing to pay for them and make offers up to that amount. If we can get them, great. If not, move on. But don't offer less than you think a player is worth to us because our "pants were pulled down."

Problem with failing to get Berahino is our track record in getting players after missing on the first choice is abysmal. Chances are much higher of ending up with another Stambouli, Fazio, or Dempsey then getting a player who will actually help.

Also wouldn't be surprised if the club are leaking higher bids than what they are actually sending. West Brom isn't reporting the bid so where's it coming from? Agents possibly but could easily be Spurs saving face. Each bid number has been reported very quickly which is rare.

Last edited:
Levy has put the club in a very difficult situation trying to be a smart arse and now we only have 1 striker!

He either needs to swallow his pride and get this deal done asap or move on and find a new striker for us asap.
Whys he been a smart arse? It's only on here that people have invented that he's leaving until the last week to get a deal which is a ludicrous assumption given that we all know he's, if nothing else, a shrewd business man and will be well aware that prices go up not down as the window draws to a close.

Also the only reason we know that an 18m bid was rejected is because WBA made it public. We don't know that we haven't made earlier bids this window.

Oh do Fuck Off WBA. Pathetic. Either he's already a done deal & this is them trying to look in control for their fans or they are utterly deluded.

Slightly off kilter. Remember when we played Liverpool @ home last season. They moved in the press for Balotelli on the Mon/Tues and all week long the agenda was Liverpool big club, big players and they had us bricking our pants by kick off. The net result was he had an effective debut and we were mentally fucked before kick off.....

Roll around a year & for the 4th week we are doing absolutely fuck all to get into the heads of our opposition for the weekend. Everton have, thus far, nothing unknown to fear from us this coming weekend. We will be playing our 5th choice CB in midfield again. We will have 1 striker & we will look inept AGAIN...because Levy is piss balling around over sums that will Never EVER be paid anyway.

If he was 25 million on a 5 year deal, THFC pay 5 million a year each year of his contract to WBA in installments. After 3 years, if he's any good he goes elsewhere for 35 million...if he's shit he goes for 15 million. One way Spurs are up, the other we are not down ! So why all this bollocks ? No transfer is paid in one go, not Bale not Trippier ! Levy is just being Levy & the team is a mess AGAIN as a result !

What makes you think they're bluffing? Maybe they really just do not want to sell Berahino.

How much is he worth? 25, 30, 35 million pounds? We can't force them to sell him to us. This isn't Spurs vs. Archway Steel.

There are plenty of quality players out there not named Saido Berahino.

Of course we can't force them. However, they have gone out and bought 2 strikers this summer to add to their 3 others (Brown, Anichibe and Berahino), they have left him out of a squad when he said himself he was happy to play and they a releasing statements constantly.

They are ready to sell, they're just pushing their luck with how much they can get.

In

Salomon Rondon - Zenit St Petersburg, £12m

James McClean – Wigan, £1.5m

James Chester - Hull, £8m

Rickie Lambert - Liverpool, Undisclosed

Serge Gnabry - Woolwich, Loan

Out

Graham Dorrans – Norwich, Undisclosed

Youssuf Mulumbu – Norwich, Free

Chris Baird – Derby County, Free

Alex Jones – Birmingham City, Free

Kemar Roofe – Oxford United, Undisclosed

Jason Davidson – Huddersfield, Free

Bradley Garmston – Gillingham, Free

Donervon Daniels – Wigan, Free

Wesley Atkinson – Notts County, Free

Liam O'Neill - Chesterfield, Loan

They must be hoping to get some money back somewhere.

I don't get some of you saying fuck WBA walk away and let them keep their star player. Like that somehow gets one over on them? That is what they want. They always have the bargaining position in this scenario not the other way around.

Some of you are acting like spoiled brats. We should quite fucking them around. I am sure they gave Levy a price which they would sell either we pay it or we move on to other targets. Not sure why many of you are having a go at them?

Problem with failing to get Berahino is our track record in getting players after missing on the first choice is abysmal. Chances are much higher of ending up with another Stambouli, Fazio, or Dempsey than getting a player who will actually help.
Ah yes, like the way that Soldado, Lamela, and Paulinho helped. You're right, the success rate of our primary targets is a lot more impressive then our contingency scenario signings.

Oh wait, no. No it isn't. Not at all.

Still find it eerily coincidental that the money being touted for being able to purchase him (£25,000,000) is the exact same amount of money they've spent on transfers this summer, which includes two strikers already. Just pay it.

Ah yes, like the way that Soldado, Lamela, and Paulinho helped. You're right, the success rate of our primary targets is a lot more impressive then our contingency scenario signings.

Don't know if I'm not getting your point or if I'm reading wrong but I'm sure Soldado and Lamela weren't primary targets and they were Villa and Willian

I don't get some of you saying fuck WBA walk away and let them keep their star player. Like that somehow gets one over on them? That is what they want. They always have the bargaining position in this scenario not the other way around.

Some of you are acting like spoiled brats. We should quite fucking them around. I am sure they gave Levy a price which they would sell either we pay it or we move on to other targets. Not sure why many of you are having a go at them?
I'm not saying "fuck them, let's get one over on them by letting them keep him", I'm just saying that the spoiled brats are the people that are acting as though West Brom are just aching to sell us Berahino.

We're obviously still in for him and we're rattling West Brom well and good if they keep releasing statements like this, but singing Berahino is not a foregone conclusion. If we sign him then it will be an obvious sign that the club felt it was money well spent. If we don't then it could be for any number of reasons, but there are other targets out there so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Hahaha yes! This is the exact comment I was making. I definitely referenced those three by name.

So are you suggesting that just because our transfers for Soldado, Lamela (who was a contingency signing after we lost Willian), and Paulinho failed despite the fact they were identified by a different scouting set up and under a different manager that we should no longer go after our primary targets? Tell me more.

Neither primary nor secondary signings are good, let's just give it a go with one striker! Bring Adebayor back in, he's already at the club. Signings don't work so fuck it. He's not a signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom