Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Brom have played this phenomenally well to be fair.

Also, the whole leave it late and the price will come down never really works. We negotiated forever on both Soldado and Lamela and ended up paying the asking price both times. Same goes for us selling Bale.

Ultimately this seems pretty simple, if Berahino is a far in a way your #1 target then pay the extra 3 million. If not, move to the next option (assuming we have one).

Also, the whole leave it late and the price will come down never really works. We negotiated forever on both Soldado and Lamela and ended up paying the asking price both times. Same goes for us selling Bale.
They have just done what everyone does as far as I can see. Hold on to the last minute and see who blinks.

I agree, like I've said before, we'd be doing the same if it were Kane.

I think we should call their bluff though. Release a statement saying we aren't interested and bid for Austin. I think they are ready to sell, just trying to get as much as they can. If we were to pull out and look elsewhere I think their chairman would suddenly realise he is going to be left with an unhappy player, 4 strikers who all want to playing 1st team football in a 1 striker Pulis system and having spent a lot for the club of their size with no money coming in.

Problem now is that every chairman in the world has seen us get publicly shut down for Berahino and will know we're desperate. Hardly a situation conducive to bargains elsewhere.

Problem now is that every chairman in the world has seen us get publicly shut down for Berahino and will know we're desperate. Hardly a situation conducive to bargains elsewhere.

I'm betting that most of the chairman talk through back channels and probably know what's going on behind the scenes anyway. Don't think they need WBA's statement to tell them what's going on.

this is fucking maddening £25 m just fucking pay the asking price Levy

OFFS.gif
Meh, I wouldn't be surprised if we were encouraged to stage our bids out like this (plus it only makes decent business sense to jump in £3m-odd amounts than double that!).

All a fucking pantomime that WBA are making public shamelessly.

By the end of the week, it'll be an accepted £25m bid, and the narrative will be that we 'made the West Brom board an offer that couldn't be turned down, particularly with the player having requested a move'.

Unless they reject £25m. I'm genuinely scared about what this place will turn into if that happens...

Levy has put the club in a very difficult situation trying to be a smart arse and now we only have 1 striker!

He either needs to swallow his pride and get this deal done asap or move on and find a new striker for us asap.

I think the problem is that Levy's underestimated how much striker prices have inflated with the new TV money. He's of the opinion "a 15 million pound player is still a 15 million pound player" and all the other clubs are like "weeeeeeeeee, I just got a credit card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

We're paying the price for trying to be reasonable in an unreasonable market.

One more thing; I think we can all see that 'not on our agenda' is painfully obvious business speak when talking about selling Berahino.

It's been Jeremy Pearce's repeated sentiment, and it's a wonderful turn of phrase that doesn't explicitly rule out a sale.

'We don't want to sell our best player' isn't exactly revolutionary, is it?

Meh, I wouldn't be surprised if we were encouraged to stage our bids out like this (plus it only makes decent business sense to jump in £3m-odd amounts than double that!).

All a fucking pantomime that WBA are making public shamelessly.

By the end of the week, it'll be an accepted £25m bid, and the narrative will be that we 'made the West Brom board an offer that couldn't be turned down, particularly with the player having requested a move'.

Unless they reject £25m. I'm genuinely scared about what this place will turn into if that happens...

We can't afford to wait another 2 days to bid 25m - something needs to be done now. I wouldn't be surprised if Levy fucks them off and looks elsewhere. He has been made to look like a fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom