Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the 2014/2015 YouTube clip of Iturbe and while he looks rapid and an aggressive player there was nothing in the clips to get remotely excited about. One goal replayed about 50 times took up half the clip and then a lot of losing the ball or getting fouled.

If he's cheap then maybe worth a punt but if he's cheap then roma can't think much of him.

I think the meeting was more likely about us trying to offload someone to them. Vlad maybe.

Believe me, Iturbe is the man. He showed ridiculous promise and a lot more promise then Lamela did in his first season and we all know about Lamela's second season in Rome. Whilst his stats don't show many goals or assists, he would be a good signing, especially if a deal can be struck for a reasonable price.

These sort of signings excite me.

Edit: - if anything, you're best off watching his video whilst he was at Verona, he was outstanding.

Argie, 2-footed, pacey winger ... if we can get him for cheap, then ... Yes please!

And Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb ... any specific views on him? I know he also played for your other fav team, Porto.

Unless this guy is eavesdropping on their conversation, how can he be sure that they're not just out for dinner as friends?
Although this definitely the kind of ITK that we all love (no sarcasm) - people having dinner with each other

Unless this guy is eavesdropping on their conversation, how can he be sure that they're not just out for dinner as friends?
Although this definitely the kind of ITK that we all love (no sarcasm) - people having dinner with each other

I thought Baldini had been tasked with selling, as he's clearly no great shakes at buying.

The only decent contract he has negotiated is his own. The cunt.

What are u basing that on? Is he meant to be good? Not seen any clips online that suggest he's anything special.
Yeah
- Young
- Very quick, we lack some pace at the moment
- Strong with good balance meaning he's suited for the prem
- Ferocious shot, I have a soft spot for footballers who can strike a ball correctly
- Can beat players for fun
- Aggressive and tenacious which is perfect for our high press
- Argentinian, help build up an Argie clique to combat the Belgian clique tehehe
- A proper first team signing that would improve us heavily
- Can dribble with his head up and play passes when necessary

Good vid here mate

Nobody could praise/rate Lamella highly enough when we were first linked with him...
and I was shown a fuck load of mis-leading YouTube clips on here!
Just saying...
:dwi:

You're not wrong. But Iturbe is a different type of player. I wonder how Lamela would have fared if he had come in off the back of his outstanding season with Roma, got a proper pre-season with us and got consistent game time as opposed to coming in after four or so Premier League games, rarely played despite being our record signing and then getting an injury keeping him out of the team for the majority of the season.

Iturbe, whilst will frustrate Spurs fans, would add an element of pace which we've lacked for a while as well as excitement with how talented he is on the ball and how easy it is for him to get past players. Think of Alexis Sanchez etc who just have impeccable balance to beat a man. This is the sort of player we are missing in the team.

Yeah
- Young
- Very quick, we lack some pace at the moment
- Strong with good balance meaning he's suited for the prem
- Ferocious shot, I have a soft spot for footballers who can strike a ball correctly
- Can beat players for fun
- Aggressive and tenacious which is perfect for our high press
- Argentinian, help build up an Argie clique to combat the Belgian clique tehehe
- A proper first team signing that would improve us heavily
- Can dribble with his head up and play passes when necessary

Good vid here mate

Lamella scouting report while playing for Roma:

- Young
- Good turn of pace
- Strong on the ball
- Great strike of the ball, brilliant finesse strikes too
- Can beat a player
- Aggressive when trying to win the ball back
- Argentinian
- Will easily walk into our first team and a worthy Bale replacement
- Brilliant at dribbling with the ball, keeping his head up and can pick a pass.

:troll: I'm only messing around, mate - but you have to admit we were saying the exact same things about Lamella before we signed him. I think Lamella has just scared me off from wanting any Roma wingers! Sorry Totti Totti :adebaehug:

I thought Baldini had been tasked with selling, as he's clearly no great shakes at buying.

The only decent contract he has negotiated is his own. The cunt.

There's a huge difference between being/not being involved in deciding who we sign, and involvement in pushing deals over the line. In spite of all the shit we can blame Baldini for, all the chatter has suggested, he has a very good network. If he's the right person to grease the wheels with Roma, then that shouldn't be any sort of problem, so long as the right people have identified Iturbe.

Lamella scouting report while playing for Roma:

- Young
- Good turn of pace
- Strong on the ball
- Great strike of the ball, brilliant finesse strikes too
- Can beat a player
- Aggressive when trying to win the ball back
- Argentinian
- Will easily walk into our first team and a worthy Bale replacement
- Brilliant at dribbling with the ball, keeping his head up and can pick a pass.

:troll: I'm only messing around, mate - but you have to admit we were saying the exact same things about Lamella before we signed him. I think Lamella has just scared me off from wanting any Roma wingers! Sorry Totti Totti :adebaehug:
pPr9DO7.jpg

There's a huge difference between being/not being involved in deciding who we sign, and involvement in pushing deals over the line. In spite of all the shit we can blame Baldini for, all the chatter has suggested, he has a very good network. If he's the right person to grease the wheels with Roma, then that shouldn't be any sort of problem, so long as the right people have identified Iturbe.

Happy to be proved wrong, but he's been a disaster so far.

Watched the 2014/2015 YouTube clip of Iturbe and while he looks rapid and an aggressive player there was nothing in the clips to get remotely excited about. One goal replayed about 50 times took up half the clip and then a lot of losing the ball or getting fouled.

If he's cheap then maybe worth a punt but if he's cheap then roma can't think much of him.

I think the meeting was more likely about us trying to offload someone to them. Vlad maybe.
I know nothing about Iturbe, so I won't comment on him. But I know that YouTube video editor well. He's the most overrated cunt on the internet. Never puts the appropriate clips in. Terrible music. Do not want.

Are you seriously judging a player after watching one YouTube clip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom