Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
why not just fuck off and support Man City. You'd never be disappointed..
All I want is to see the club I love and have spent my whole life supporting show a bit more ambition in the transfer market and make more effort to achieve success on the pitch rather than off it. And you respond by suggesting I support Man City. What a fucking childish, pathetic point of reasoning that is. Grow up.

I really don't like to say things like this. But why not just fuck off and support Man City. You'd never be disappointed.

Trust me, and I speak from experience, you'll always be disappointed. Run by fucking muppits. £50 mil for a kid who has had one good season and flopped at a world cup. What team can spend £450 million in 3-4 years and get worse?

All I want is to see the club I love and have spent my whole life supporting show a bit more ambition in the transfer market and make more effort to achieve success on the pitch rather than off it. And you respond by suggesting I support Man City. What a fucking childish, pathetic point of reasoning that is. Grow up.

No, he responded with a well reasoned argument that you seem to have ignored.

Google translate: CONFIRMED : Aston Villa is in advanced negotiations with Tottenham for Emmanuel Adebayor . We'll see if realized .

:dude:

xwoa.gif

Adebayor will probably win the fucking golden boot next season if he moves to Villa.
Don't care. I just want him out of the club ASAP. I think he's burned his bridges at WHL. Flashes of genius when he felt he had something to prove/contract to play for. Maybe Sherwood can get the best out of him again. But he's a spent force at Spurs.

Adebayor will probably win the fucking golden boot next season if he moves to Villa.
Sherwood wont be able to manage him. It is one thing doing it for half a season when he has a point to prove. He will come off the rails at Villa too and it will be beautiful watching Sherwood's smug grin die. IF!!, it happens. Stil cant see him going myself, hell actually have to work for a living there

Pritchard is untested and people have suddenly jumped to the massive conclusion that all our youth product are going to be the equivalent of Kane in their respective positions.

Eriksen is not back up to Chadli, nor is he behind Chadli on the field. I have no idea what you are taking about there.
Why sign another left sided AM? So Eriksen doesnt have to play on the left side. Its called squad cover so when Chadlis form dips or he gets injured he has another player breathing his neck, like Davis did to Rose, pushing him to his best ever form.

We either sell them or use them. Not sure anyone wants to sign someone shit.

Berahino, Saleh, Mane´, Lavezzi, Moses, Miralles.........................
Agree with the first part of the post, but I genuinely believe you're just regurgitating names we've been linked with. Have you actually watched any of the players you mentioned?

The victims now how have Benteke, Ings, Sturridge, Balotelli and Lambert. I'd like us to get a season out of Lambert - he was quality before he went to warm the bench and threw his career away. Harry would learn a lot from him and he'd be great working in the 10 role for 20-odd games.

The victims now how have Benteke, Ings, Sturridge, Balotelli and Lambert. I'd like us to get a season out of Lambert - he was quality before he went to warm the bench and threw his career away. Harry would learn a lot from him and he'd be great working in the 10 role for 20-odd games.
Jesus, I'd forgotten that they had that many strikers in their squad. I'd expect Balotelli and Lambert to leave them so maybe Benteke is the start of the striker merry-go-round?

All the Moses stuff has to be a strategy (ploy) to the real game of sending Lennon to Everton with Mirrallas coming to us.
Lennon leaving next week will happen with Mirrallas coming to us.

It depends on your definition of ambition. If ambition means paying £20m + to get one player and giving him more wages than we can afford.
We have a budget and wage structure and limited funds. It's not FIFA coins and cards we are dealing with
It also depends on the player. Just because we didn't get a player -if we were indeed after that player - it doesn't mean because we couldn't match the price/agree terms we were not ambitious enough. A player does have the right to choose where they want to go, and it's not all the clubs fault.

Being a Spurs supporter all your life you should realise that historically being a London club, who's nearest rival was Woolwich, we were an attractive offer. Gazza turned down Man U for us, Waddle came here, etc. In the Sky era and in the current climate we are 3rd on the list of attractive London clubs. Gazza would probably go to Man U today for CL football and if he wanted London too he could have both with those other 2 and he probably would have gone to Chavs today. That's just the way it is.
We have shown just the same amount of ambition ( spending) in the transfer market as Woolwich over the last 15 years, bar the last 2.
They, unfortunately, had a manager who knew how to get a decent player without spending too much and breaking a wage structure when they had to.
We need to do the same thing at the moment. Hopefully we have that manager now.
We either buy into Poch and get behind him - because he knew when he came here he wasn't going to have millions upon millions to spend to get any player he wanted - or we reject him for someone else.
Even if Van Gaal came there would not be the money to buy the Schniederlins, Shwinestigers, Depays etc, and pay them ( probably a factor in his decision)

I am just pissed at seeing you negative posts, ad nauseam, usually about how tight ENIC is. Maybe I was wrong to tell you to fuck off and support Man City. I apologise.
They were very ambitious in the transfer market last season and spent £60m yet didn't win any silverware. I should have told you to fuck off and support Chavs. :)
Like I said, you have been supporting Spurs all your life and you must know this is the most consistent we have been in the league for ages - and probably the most interesting time to be a Spurs fan as the next 10 yrs will be massive for this club.
If we were still at a not fit for purpose Spurs lodge, had accepted WHL's capacity could not be increased and had no plans to do anything about it then I'd agree wholeheartedly that ENIC are just interested in profit.

Watched the 2014/2015 YouTube clip of Iturbe and while he looks rapid and an aggressive player there was nothing in the clips to get remotely excited about. One goal replayed about 50 times took up half the clip and then a lot of losing the ball or getting fouled.

If he's cheap then maybe worth a punt but if he's cheap then roma can't think much of him.

I think the meeting was more likely about us trying to offload someone to them. Vlad maybe.

It depends on your definition of ambition. If ambition means paying £20m + to get one player and giving him more wages than we can afford.
We have a budget and wage structure and limited funds. It's not FIFA coins and cards we are dealing with
It also depends on the player. Just because we didn't get a player -if we were indeed after that player - it doesn't mean because we couldn't match the price/agree terms we were not ambitious enough. A player does have the right to choose where they want to go, and it's not all the clubs fault.

Being a Spurs supporter all your life you should realise that historically being a London club, who's nearest rival was Woolwich, we were an attractive offer. Gazza turned down Man U for us, Waddle came here, etc. In the Sky era and in the current climate we are 3rd on the list of attractive London clubs. Gazza would probably go to Man U today for CL football and if he wanted London too he could have both with those other 2 and he probably would have gone to Chavs today. That's just the way it is.
We have shown just the same amount of ambition ( spending) in the transfer market as Woolwich over the last 15 years, bar the last 2.
They, unfortunately, had a manager who knew how to get a decent player without spending too much and breaking a wage structure when they had to.
We need to do the same thing at the moment. Hopefully we have that manager now.
We either buy into Poch and get behind him - because he knew when he came here he wasn't going to have millions upon millions to spend to get any player he wanted - or we reject him for someone else.
Even if Van Gaal came there would not be the money to buy the Schniederlins, Shwinestigers, Depays etc, and pay them ( probably a factor in his decision)

I am just pissed at seeing you negative posts, ad nauseam, usually about how tight ENIC is. Maybe I was wrong to tell you to fuck off and support Man City. I apologise.
They were very ambitious in the transfer market last season and spent £60m yet didn't win any silverware. I should have told you to fuck off and support Chavs. :)
Like I said, you have been supporting Spurs all your life and you must know this is the most consistent we have been in the league for ages - and probably the most interesting time to be a Spurs fan as the next 10 yrs will be massive for this club.
If we were still at a not fit for purpose Spurs lodge, had accepted WHL's capacity could not be increased and had no plans to do anything about it then I'd agree wholeheartedly that ENIC are just interested in profit.
Big respect for the man city jibe apology.:pochbye:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom