Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Benji to PSG is pretty much finally done ...

Translation: Stambouli will happen in the next few hours in the USA, this is where he will spend his medical examination before embarking with the PSG for 5 years. Transfer fee estimated at € 9 m, contract until 2020. (L'Équipe)

I know nothing about Iturbe, so I won't comment on him. But I know that YouTube video editor well. He's the most overrated cunt on the internet. Never puts the appropriate clips in. Terrible music. Do not want.

Are you seriously judging a player after watching one YouTube clip?
Yes. As much as is possible to judge a player on YouTube clips. And it is possible despite the stigmatism around it. You just have to take it in context and be sensible about what you draw from it.

I'm not writing him off based on clips all I'm saying is there is nothing in them that gets me excited.

Remember some ITK (yeah, I know) about a "surprise Argentinian" - Iturbe?

Could signing him have us try
Eriksen - Lamela - Iturbe?

IIRC Lamela was primarily used as a 10 in his crazy season.

Argie, 2-footed, pacey winger ... if we can get him for cheap, then ... Yes please!

And Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb ... any specific views on him? I know he also played for your other fav team, Porto.

oh well, Iturbe came to Porto with the nickname of New Messi. But unfortunately he almost didn't played for us. Vitor Pereira the coach at the time didn't fancy him. He was then loaned to Argentina where i don't know how he spell there was, he played a lot of games tho. Then he came back, had a fantastic pre-season with great goals and we all thought that he was going to have his season as starter for us. Buuuuuuuuuuut he was loaned to Verona in Italy, with a 15M clause. He did awesome in a team fighting for relegation. Think Townsend but with a end product. Or Salah with a great long shot. He did an awesome season there, Verona paid Porto 15M and the fuckers sold in the same month to Roma for 30M or something like that. Big clubs in Italy love him. He's fast as fuck and can take a man and shoot. Don't know if he's bounded to Premier League football, but the guy is a good player for sure.

But if we want a player like Iturbe why not Hulk? :ledleylick::avbdamn:

Yes. As much as is possible to judge a player on YouTube clips. And it is possible despite the stigmatism around it. You just have to take it in context and be sensible about what you draw from it.

I'm not writing him off based on clips all I'm saying is there is nothing in them that gets me excited.
Never really got into the you tube highlights reel for judging players. Well that was until we signed a Romanian ball playing CB. I watched the clips very kindly embedded by TFC posters and soaked up the enthusiasm and hype from Romanian fans and TFC posters, I couldn't wait to see this modern Beckenbauer we appeared to have signed. Oh well ..

I never said we didn't need another striker fighting for a place in the first team. I said we are going to struggle to find a striker good enough to fight for a place, who would be willing to actually fight for a place.

Strikers are more often than not egomaniacs who need nothing more than a slap on the arse and told they are going to be first choice whenever they are fit. Any striker worth spending a decent amount of money on won't be content to play the occasional Europa League or League Cup game, they will want a long run in the team so they can grab 20/30 goals a season.

Never once have I said that we have another Harry Kane waiting in the wings. If anything, I'm one of the few who isn't too deluded about Pritchard, who I believe if we are lucky, will hit Townsend levels of greatness. I hope I'm wrong on that one, but I'm not putting any eggs in that basket.

But do enlighten me, who are the strikers good enough for our first team who will gladly play in our Europa League, League Cup and FA Cup Games?

Actually wasn't aimed at you mate, it was just on the subject so replied and addressing some ostrich like comments about the striker situation. Austin is maybe good enough to be our number 2 striker and play in all those games but he will get league games too as a starter and sub. Maybe he thinks he's better than that but is he? Is starting at Newcastle regularly better than playing 40 games for Spurs, even if 10-15 are as a sub? Not sure, maybe it is, maybe he thinks it isn't. In any case, as a top 5 Prem team and with Kane having had one breakthrough season, are we really that poor and pathetic that we shouldn't be aiming to get somebody as good to challenge him even?

I can't tell you who the strikers are because I don't know what our budget is. I don't know what they think about coming to Spurs because I don't get to contact their clubs or representatives to sound them out. The Scousers can have Origi, Sturridge, Balotelli, Borini, Lambert and Ings on their books to potentially bin a couple of them and still buy Benteke - NONE of those are out our league in my opinion, certainly not when they were signed or even now. Benteke's price is daft though so wouldn't bother.

How come we have everybody queuing up to bin Ade and Soldado yet some do not think striker is an absolutely critical position for us to fill? How many teams in the Premier League have 1 striker they're prepared to play and not even want to put one of the other two on as a sub for more than 15minutes?!?

Last edited:
What does Moses offer out of interest?

193 professional appearances 24 goals with only 5 goals in his last 61 appearances since 2012.

Actual question... Not a mugging off of Moses.
I will mug him off on your behalf. 1 goal every 8 hardly screams "quality signing"...
For a player in his position. I also have an issue with the character of anyone who will take their illicit money to warm the bench at a shit hole like Stamford Bridge. That list of shame is endless. Every player & his dog/agent must know what a bunch of cunts they are by now & it's a club well worth avoiding unless you are a mercenary or just a bit stupid. Finally, doing business with aforesaid cunts is just wrong- unless they want to buy Ade for Squillions.

Not a club concerned about ambition anymore, are we?
If cost is the going concern then why not spend zero and give Pritchard a shot?
i don't know. It's possible doing good teams without spending a lot, look at woolwich under Wenger, but it's all about detecting the next Dier or Eriksen not buying the rejects from teams bigger/that spend more than us. Cheap players that have a lot of potential. I don't mind cheap players at all, but Moses can be cheap has Levy wants and i still don't see him having quality to be a player that will upgrade our squad. He's at Townsend level at best. Do we want more Townsends? i think we all know the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom