Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember not too long ago everyone was mocking them two lads for making that "one club" "top fours our everything" video..

Now, every other post I'm seeing is demanding top four. Get a grip. There's ambition then there is realism.

The thing is its also what the chairman is saying and firing managers because its not happened.

Why? why do our fans think its mandatory for us to sign a shit load of players every window? we already signed 6. grow up and stop acting like a spoiled little child who went to the shop with mum didnt get no sweeties.
I don't see anyone calling for 19 extra signings - just 1 QUALITY addition to our attack/wide midfield - i.e. addressing an obvious issue

Unless you think Andros Townsend and Harry Kane are the answer to deliver Champions League football

Stadium, training center, huge squad/wage bill, keep up

Stadium, training ground. Long term cap ex, long term structured finance to match the cash flows. Bond issue, job done.

Wage bill? Maybe if we hadn't bought a load of shit players.....maybe it wouldn't be so high...that aside, use short term cash flows such as tv, sponsorship, prize money, to build a squad that will raise these short term cash flows. This is basic mate. Finance 101.

I am more financially qualified than the midget spiv born with a spoon up his arse. To try and play him off as some kind of genius is more than laughable.

A more accurate picture would be a man paying himself a FTSE wage to play god with a loyal customer base whilst trying to buy low and sell high and not considering the consequence.

Top 4 isn't everything to me, but I'd like to feel like the Chairman of our football club is actually doing things to give us a chance of getting it, or winning the FA Cup or the Europa League.

I don't understand why it's not realistic. We finished 4th twice in three seasons not so long ago. The only reason it's now not realistic is if we've let other teams go past us in terms of investment or simply quality of investment.

Problem is you've got 2 teams with virtually unlimited funds. United and Woolwich both have massive stadiums and global revenue. Liverpool also have a huge global profile and attraction compared to us. We were never going to sustain that top 4 challenge whilst trying to build a new ground as well without changing ownership and selling our soul like City have.

palace fans are doing it right

BweYZ6bCYAA-a6p.jpg

Shame so many Spurs fans in this thread are exercising the EXACT mentality that has helped Sky rape this sport

i'm not pretending i'd heard of either of them before they signed, but that doesn't mean they aren't good players.
Was anyone crying out for us to buy modric from zagreb before it happened?

I don't disagree that it's underwhelming when positioned against what liverpool, united, chelsea etc. are doing with these marquee name signings but it's not a disaster. I'd rather we spend fairly within our means than become one of the many cunty clubs who are buying their success
srsly Jimmy, I love you for trying. But you're undeniable reasoned responses are probably wasted here currently.

The media frenzy means that a great many will have linked yesterday's result with the deadline and all rational thought has been suspended for a while.

The spurs based web news and comment is basically a low budget version of the Jerry Springer show for the next hour.

Perhaps time for ENIC to sell up and jog on?

Taken us as far as possible?

Interesting to hear opinions - might be worth a thread tomorrow when the bodies have been cleared.

Problem is you've got 2 teams with virtually unlimited funds. United and Woolwich both have massive stadiums and global revenue. Liverpool also have a huge global profile and attraction compared to us. We were never going to sustain that top 4 challenge whilst trying to build a new ground as well without changing ownership and selling our soul like City have.

I agree on City and Chelsea.

But United finished below us last season, and I fully disagree on Liverpool. We were laughing at Liverpool for players like Sigurdsson and Dempsey who chose us over them. The reason Liverpool went ahead of us last season is that they invested in their squad above the money they received for players like Sturridge, Coutinho, even Suarez a year or so before. And they also invested the money in the last 2 years so much better than we have.

To be honest, I'm probably still more disappointed at the signings we made last season rather than not bringing in more/better players this Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom