Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
New QPR signing Sandro posts the following message on his Facebook page: "I'd like to thank Tottenham Hotspur for everything they've done for me. Spurs has been my home since I moved to England and I loved every minute of my time there.

"To the fans, I'll always have a special relationship with you and can't begin to express how much your support has meant to me, particularly in tough times when I was injured.

"I can't wait to get started at QPR now and look forward to wearing the famous hoops for the first time."

I'm certainly guilty of some serious knee-jerking, not too proud to admit it either...

A week ago I was extremely happy with our business, sensible all-round both in terms of adding some defensive depth and shipping out excess baggage too.

I think the Liverpool game just brought back so many memories of the woeful attacking football we played last season, absolutely no threat whatsoever in the final third - so now I'm pissing myself because we've missed out on Danny Welbeck, who I didn't even want a few days ago! Fucking deadline day. Fuck off Jim White you massive cunt.

That combined with shipping out 2 well loved players, who both seemed to love the club equally as much just feels massively shit right now.

Putting aside their on-pitch qualities and what not, it's kinda sad that we are losing 2 of the most loved and fan-favorite players (in Holtby and Sandro). If you didn't love both of them, the chances are you at least really liked one or the other.

:holtbytongue::sandroscream:

... I wonder who's gonna take their place in terms 'connecting with the fans'?
Who cares, that player will probably be off in another year anyway.

I remember not too long ago everyone was mocking them two lads for making that "one club" "top fours our everything" video..

Now, every other post I'm seeing is demanding top four. Get a grip. There's ambition then there is realism.

If you had posted that comment a month ago, we`d have all been scratching our heads and jumping straight to wikipedia.

i'm not pretending i'd heard of either of them before they signed, but that doesn't mean they aren't good players.
Was anyone crying out for us to buy modric from zagreb before it happened?

I don't disagree that it's underwhelming when positioned against what liverpool, united, chelsea etc. are doing with these marquee name signings but it's not a disaster. I'd rather we spend fairly within our means than become one of the many cunty clubs who are buying their success

the disappointing thing for me is that we really haven't signed any players that are gonna walk into our team and significantly improve us. we've strengthened our squad to a certain degree but haven't added anything to make our first 11 noticably better from last year. realise doing that is easier said than done but i'm still slightly disappointed and selling Sandro is just stupid to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom