Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
And where did we get those players in the photo from?

Thats right, we bought them through our policy....a mixture of potential and proven on cheaper deals.

We developed three of them from nothing. Two became world class...you are saying we dont spend, then posting pictures of players we bought. We are weaker, I agree, but this bullshit about how Levy is screwing us every window is embarrassing.

The fact you think players were the wrong buys doesnt mean they were free.

So what you're saying is that we've spent the money but on poor players? Wouldn't the blame be laid at the door of the guy who makes those decisions, or the guy that appoints someone else to make those decisions? Either way, that's Levy too.

And where did we get those players in the photo from?

Thats right, we bought them through our policy....a mixture of potential and proven on cheaper deals.

We developed three of them from nothing. Two became world class...you are saying we dont spend, then posting pictures of players we bought. We are weaker, I agree, but this bullshit about how Levy is screwing us every window is embarrassing.

The fact you think players were the wrong buys doesnt mean they were free.

If you can't see that we were pushing on then and going backward now, there is no hope for you.

Putting aside their on-pitch qualities and what not, it's kinda sad that we are losing 2 of the most loved and fan-favorite players (in Holtby and Sandro). If you didn't love both of them, the chances are you at least really liked one or the other.

:holtbytongue::sandroscream:

... I wonder who's gonna take their place in terms 'connecting with the fans'?

Lamela seems to be fairly active. Also, Soldado and Townsend seem to be active, but that will seem a little less thrilling considering their playing time.

What levy has done is open himself up to a torrent of abuse if we don't make top 4 ..

Making a profit in a transfer window when our rivals have signed big, is not going to do him any favours.

IMO, we needed to trim the squad but it also needed upgrading and I can't see how we've done that.

So what you're saying is that we've spent the money but on poor players? Wouldn't the blame be laid at the door of the guy who makes those decisions, or the guy that appoints someone else to make those decisions? Either way, that's Levy too.

I havent said they are poor. Any team will be weaker without Bale and Modric.

Levys main mistakes have been certain appointments as managers, and that is why we are weak. We never get to build anything.

But financially he's a genius and Im glad he doesnt pander to hysterical big babies who, if we beat Sunderland wont even remember any of this.

He should have bought strikers when he bought midfielders, but he still bought players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom