Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you imagine the uproar amongst Liverpool fans if we were to actually hijack a move for this Mkhitaryan guy... I don't think they would be able to cope, some of them are crying about it already. Maybe we should start using our own scouts now. :baletroll:

Paulinho seems fairly creative.. I mean he played a key part in Fred's goal against Uruguay and scored the winner but that's just going off 1 game. I don't think we'll be spending £17m on a rotation player anyway, he'll be starting alongside Dembele and Sandro IMO. I don't think creativity will be a problem as Dembele was very influential in Fulhams attack and we've had to restrict him to play more defensively with Sandro's absence.

Any more info on this Mkhitaryan fella? Heard he's a great goal scoring threat from midfield. Apparently we were in for him before Liverpool too (yeah I know it's hard to believe)

I'm sorry but I don't think we will see Sandro that much next year. If we are so adamant on signing Paulinho (and apperantly Mkyhtyrian or what ever its spelt) Sandro must have something going on. They say they are rarely the same after a injury. He always wanted to play in Serie A afaik. Not saying he's gone etc but it's a bit strange.

I'm sorry but I don't think we will see Sandro that much next year. If we are so adamant on signing Paulinho (and apperantly Mkyhtyrian or what ever its spelt) Sandro must have something going on. They say they are rarely the same after a injury. He always wanted to play in Serie A afaik. Not saying he's gone etc but it's a bit strange.

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

edit: the word has been that it was Sandro that sold Paulinho on the club.

In fact, the word has always been that it's Sandro that the club talks to to gauge young Brazilian talent.

He's not going anywhere right now. The football world hasn't quite caught on to what a gem he is, and I think Spurs value him much higher than most potential bidders.

He seems happy. All those quotes are garbage. If you were a player, surely you would like to have a career spanning Europe, but it doesn't mean that you're agitating for a move.

Injury problems for footballers are a case-by-case basis. Levy isn't going to want to sell Sandro right now at a discount because he's coming off of an injury, considering the monstrous season that he had up until that point.

We wouldn't play Bale as CF week in week out. Sure last season he ended up there due to lack of other attacking options and he may drift in and out of the CF position during games but he is primarily a winger, lets not lose sight of that. Why would we be obsessing ourselves over the signing of one or even two strikers if we are just going to play Bale as a striker anyway. I fully expect us to play a 433 with Bale moved out onto the right so he can cut in on his left foot and a STRIKER as the man leading the line. AVB wants goals consistently out of his front three (like with Hulk, Rodriguez and Falcao at Porto) so it would make sense. Another winger being brought in to compete with Lennon is possible.

The the lineup seems pretty obvious to me if we get Paulinho.

-------------------Lloris
Walker----Dawson----Vertonghen--Rose/BAE
------------------Sandro
----------Dembele-----Paulinho
-----Bale--------------------Siggy/Townsend/Dempey
----------------Villa/New Striker

If AVB really does switch to a 4-3-3, there wont be a double pivot. Dembele and Paulinho are versatile enough to rotate going forward and defensively that we wont need to have designated holding mids. Paulinho will be a great box-to-box, Sandro will hold, and Dembele can have a more creative role. Those three create a perfect combination of attack and defense that it will be very fluid and holding and attacking roles wont need to be designated. They'll be able to rotate.

The the lineup seems pretty obvious to me if we get Paulinho.

-------------------Lloris
Walker----Dawson----Vertonghen--Rose/BAE
------------------Sandro
----------Dembele-----Paulinho
-----Bale---------------------------Siggy/Townsend/Dempey
-------------------Villa/New Striker

I think we'll still play 4231

Bale CF. has to be

I know this may have all been said before but who gives a fuck, it gets us closer to the oft mentioned 300 page mark.

As far as I am concerned and correct me if I am wrong, not one of you had seen Paulinho or Bernard play any football before the Confed Cup or the England v Brazil game. Okay one or two of you might have seen the odd game from the Brazilian League, the Copa Libertadores or Corinthians in the Club World Cup but nobody has seen either of these guys over an extended period. Hell chances are nobody has signed either of these guys on FM.

So how is it possible for people to throw around phrases like "he (Bernard) fits our playing style" or "he's (Paulinho) like Dembele" when you have never seen them play consistently.

It speaks volumes that most of this thread is still trying to establish exactly what kind of midfielder Paulinho is.

Let's face it these guys are pretty much two total unknowns to Spurs fans and English football fans alike so they could be utter wank. We just don't know but for gods sake please stop pretending that you know a tiddlywink about them.

This is not to say that I am not excited by the prospect of one or possibly two young and apparently promising Brazilian internationals but I am going to reserve judgement until they pull on a Spurs shirt and I have seen them play week in week out.

I don't think we are in much danger of missing our homegrown quota, I've listed who I think qualifies below and there are more than enough there even if Jake, Scotty and Rose left.

Walker, Dawson, Caulker, Naughton, Rose, Lennon, Parker, Townsend, Bale, Livermore, Defoe, Carroll and I am pretty sure Siggy counts as well because he came to England so young, however I may be wrong on that one (I am wrong about as often as Woolwich win a trophy.)

I think we'll still play 4231

Bale CF. has to be

If we have Bale as CF then who do we have on the wings providing the same sort of speed and ruthlessness? Bale doesn't need to play CF to score, don't worry about that. We played Bale CF last year out of desperation, providing we get one or two goal scorers we won't need to be desperate again...

I think we will have a line up which will challenge for the league, its the next progression. We win those silly fixtures we threw away and now that we have had a taste of beating United away, lets beat the others away as well. I am feeling very good about this;) !!

Talk of whether Bale will play on the right wing, left wing or in a more centralised role is largely irrelevant. He will be given a free role much akin to the role he played last season.

Picking the ball up on the right flank and cutting in, picking the ball up on the left and going to the byline to supply for our shiny new striker or picking the ball up deep and carrying it through the middle of the park or distributing it quickly to restart the attack from a different place.

The only thing that is missing from that and what is also the reason I don't think Bale can be a top striker, is taking the ball into feet, or whatever it may be, with his back to goal. As far as marlkimh Bale goes, having him with his back to goal is a defenders dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom