Summer 2012 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
sammyspurs said:
I dont think "better" comes into it. We wont be worse off with a player of Moutinho's quality who is actually on the pitch as opposed to refusing to play as his "heads not right".

Don't kid yourself, if Moutinho comes - he's joining for the money.

Blanchflower said:
sammyspurs said:
I dont think "better" comes into it. We wont be worse off with a player of Moutinho's quality who is actually on the pitch as opposed to refusing to play as his "heads not right".

cynical1.jpg

Blanchflower said:
Eskimo said:
Because it is far more important to have a squad in place before the start of the season rather than to sell at the last minute and run out of time to bring in replacements.

What makes you think we'd do that?......We didn't do it last year when Chelsea offered £40m on the last day of the transfer window......if they'd offered the same amount in June we would have sold.

The same scenario is playing out again....

berbasexxx1-300x225.jpg
fraizer-campbell-spurs.jpg

sammyspurs said:

There have also been several times in the past when Modric has been out with a long term injury, and we have coped (one time for three months with just 1 loss iirc).

Its not just about signing a replacement, but adapting to play without him. Hudd could even step up....it would be different, but not neccessarily worse.

100% agree. If the guys head isn't right we'll have the same situation as last season,or the berbatov debacle. Get rid but don't end up cutting your nose off to spite your face. And I don't necessarily think blowing the lot on moutinho is the answer once the money comes in anyway. Could do worse than buying dembele and lewandowski for the same outlay imo.

Just a few things. Where is Adebayor is he training ? 2.Why is Yago Falque not in america with us.? 3. Can anybody really see Harry Kane doing it for us in the first team. ? :gallas:

The whole 'my head isn't right' is laughable...what is it; upside down? back to front? are your ears missing?

Just play fucking football and stop being a massive pleb.

williams316 said:
Just a few things. Where is Adebayor is he training ? 2.Why is Yago Falque not in america with us.? 3. Can anybody really see Harry Kane doing it for us in the first team. ? :gallas:

1. He's not
2. Pass
3. No.

Blanchflower said:
sammyspurs said:

Kid myself?

He will still be on the pitch whether its for money or not.......where as Modric will probably be in the dressing room crying.

My point is that by just having a player out there, we will not be worse off.

Dannyboy said:
The whole 'my head isn't right' is laughable...what is it; upside down? back to front? are your ears missing?

Just play fucking football and stop being a massive pleb.

Yeah what a loada bollocks - these twats wanna spend a week doing REAL work for fuck all money then they might wind their scrawny necks in. My head 'isn't right' about work every time I wake up,overpaid ungrateful tossers. I vote for a wage cap on all pro footballers of £50 a week and they have to get off their arses and get proper jobs instead of going home and playing x-box (or going round team mates houses and shagging their missus eh jt u twat?) after training is over

I honestly don't think we need to buy anyone to replace Ratboy, We are packed with midfielders. Yes Modric is exceptional, but at the end of the day he is just a cog in the machine, We have lots of other cogs who could slip right in. It's not like we are going to miss his goals is it. I can see Siggy filling his place, with Parker and Sandro playing deeper. Don't forget the emerging talents of Carroll and Livermore as well as the option to use our long range artillery :hudd: would rather we spent the money on some majorly world class striking options. Get in :adestare: and splurge the rest on a superstar like Hulk or Neymar (I know, I'm dreaming) But out midfield and defence are class we just need some proper threats up top.

Great to read such beautifully accurate news snippets sometimes - this one courtesy of the Irish Independent:

"Paris St-Germain will meet Chelsea’s asking price for Modric, which has increased Levy’s determination to get the fee he wants, and while Chelsea remain interested Spurs will not sell to another Premier League club"

Class.

williams316 said:
Can anybody really see Harry Kane doing it for us in the first team. ? :gallas:

Actually on last nights showing I think he could do a job on the fringes of the team. The boy looks to have talent, he just needs some confidence to take things on on his own, sometimes he was looking for the pass to often.

Marshy said:
Great to read such beautifully accurate news snippets sometimes - this one courtesy of the Irish Independent:

"Paris St-Germain will meet Chelsea’s asking price for Modric, which has increased Levy’s determination to get the fee he wants, and while Chelsea remain interested Spurs will not sell to another Premier League club"

Class.

0.jpg

Ahh the Oirish.....

he's never going to learn how to play at the top level unless he gets the chance.

The loan at Millwall went well, but I think a premier league loan would do him some good. It seems to have given Walker, Caulker and Naughton the edge/experience they needed.

With our current lack up front I'm not sure he will get a loan at the start of the season, but depending on what competitions we are in come January, he could do a lot worse than 5 months at a promoted club.

Sibs said:
he's never going to learn how to play at the top level unless he gets the chance.

The loan at Millwall went well, but I think a premier league loan would do him some good. It seems to have given Walker, Caulker and Naughton the edge/experience they needed.

With our current lack up front I'm not sure he will get a loan at the start of the season, but depending on what competitions we are in come January, he could do a lot worse than 5 months at a promoted club.

That's a good point, and I feel a similar way about diddy Tom Carrol, maybe send him on loan to Swansea should Joe Allen go to the Scousers or as we are led to believe he becomes a Yiddo.

Tucker said:
I honestly don't think we need to buy anyone to replace Ratboy, We are packed with midfielders. Yes Modric is exceptional, but at the end of the day he is just a cog in the machine, We have lots of other cogs who could slip right in. It's not like we are going to miss his goals is it. I can see Siggy filling his place, with Parker and Sandro playing deeper. Don't forget the emerging talents of Carroll and Livermore as well as the option to use our long range artillery :hudd: would rather we spent the money on some majorly world class striking options. Get in :adestare: and splurge the rest on a superstar like Hulk or Neymar (I know, I'm dreaming) But out midfield and defence are class we just need some proper threats up top.

:cliveallen:

assuming ( hoping???) the Ade deal happens and it is as low as £5m then it seems we are breaking even on dealings so far - wages may be another issue but assume Ledley was on dollar.

why not buy modric replcament is that is what he is before we sell- lets be honest if Porto see us get say £35m for Modric why shouldnt they then play games with the price of their player- if you know someone has cash to splash you are going to try it on-

plus what has happened to all that talk about money being pumped in- has it gone quiet so we get decent prices for players both in and out?

do wish we would get a striker in- with modric would be good to see him stay sulk and then have to play

blingblingwideface said:
assuming ( hoping???) the Ade deal happens and it is as low as £5m then it seems we are breaking even on dealings so far - wages may be another issue but assume Ledley was on dollar.

Well according to some "Itk" its pretty much done :kaboul:

why not buy modric replcament is that is what he is before we sell- lets be honest if Porto see us get say £35m for Modric why shouldnt they then play games with the price of their player- if you know someone has cash to splash you are going to try it on-

Well we haven't got endless money have we....which leads me on to....

plus what has happened to all that talk about money being pumped in- has it gone quiet so we get decent prices for players both in and out?

Where is all this talk about money coming from? the only things I have seen about it are "ITKs" on twitter, which is akin to relying on Wikipedia for all your facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom