Summer 2012 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Éperons said:
Eskimo said:
No one knows for sure but maybe with parker and adebayor in place a few weeks before the city united games last season and we could have got something from one of those games.
They were catastrophic games, but getting 0 points out of ManU away and City home in the year City won the title doesn't seem like such a shameful pair of results.

That mythic "1 point"? How about not lying down at the Emirates? How about showing some verve at QPR? How about FUCKING NORWICH?

I'm not saying lying down for the first two matches for the lulz is a good idea. But I also don't think that our transfer business's not being done is not the difference between 0 and six points when the window closes.

Norwich/QPR/Filth could maybe have been prevented by brining in better permanent replacements for outgoing players during the January window rather than padding the squad with players past their prime. Fact is, the past few windows have been terrible with regards to strengthening the squad.

31 days for the window to close. I meant we could wait 5-10 days whilst Levy makes talks. No players need come to the club, before that time.

But it does also make sense to get your business done early so players can settle, managers can plot new tactics and formations.

I just don't see why everyone is crying out on Twitter for us to sign strikers ASAP

Eskimo said:
Norwich/QPR/Filth could maybe have been prevented by brining in better permanent replacements for outgoing players during the January window rather than padding the squad with players past their prime. Fact is, the past few windows have been terrible with regards to strengthening the squad.
Sure, but Levy's January performance has nothing to do with the fact that we lost our first two matches the previous August, which is what the panicky posse is complaining about.

Difference this summer is Levy/Andre have said Luka can leave, so we can go ahead preparing for the season to the best of our ability without taking him into consideration. Like City did with Adebayor, Bellamy etc have him train with the youth during pre season so the process of him leaving doesn't interfere with our preparation for the season. Of course, having time for a replacement to bed in would be preferable but the most important thing is not letting the squad get involved and worked up in his little drama

Don't worry guys, there will be MASSIVE news at 3.30pm (ITK Thread)

Probably just Adebayor/Remy/Lloris/Mouthino/Ba signing for us.

AberdeenYid said:
But not that realistic.

We set that date and then they come back the day after with an all cash upfront £40m. We'd take their fucking hands off. No point in ultimatums when we'd crack in a second.

That didn't happen when Chelsea did it last August.

Tucker said:
bensonrecon said:
Ramsingh said:
Don't worry guys, there will be MASSIVE news at 3.30pm (ITK Thread)

In other words "All follow me I want to feel important"

That ITK is gonna look a massive cock in around *looks at watch* 35 minutes. :sandro:

Or he will do the usual ITK thing of claiming he's been asked to "keep quiet " about it for now but we will all be "Excited about it" when it's announced

Or the other reasoning

[tweet]https://twitter.com/InsideDeals_/status/230665706411290624[/tweet]

Yes a month away so you can think of excuses or hope everyone forgets. Fuck "ITK"

bensonrecon said:
Or the other reasoning

[tweet]https://twitter.com/InsideDeals_/status/230665706411290624[/tweet]

Yes a month away so you can think of excuses or hope everyone forgets. Fuck "ITK"

Is that for real? We will all "see" in a MONTH that he had massive news today?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gstobart/status/230564026973835264[/tweet]
I guess AVB really indeed doesn't rate Sahin :avbshit:

[tweet]http://twitter.com/GoalUK/status/230628877335142400[/tweet]
It can be revealed that the transfer fee negotiated by the two clubs to take Adebayor to White Hart Lane has now been lowered from £5m to £4m.
But...
“He wants to punish Manchester City for how he thinks they have treated him,” a source told Goal.com. “He wants a free transfer and has told them that if he doesn’t get it he will stay at Manchester City for two more years.”

SinghYid said:
It can be revealed that the transfer fee negotiated by the two clubs to take Adebayor to White Hart Lane has now been lowered from £5m to £4m.
But...
“He wants to punish Manchester City for how he thinks they have treated him,” a source told Goal.com. “He wants a free transfer and has told them that if he doesn’t get it he will stay at Manchester City for two more years.”

PUNISH THEM!!!! :ade:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom