Summer 2012 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
be serious do people really think bale raffa an co will stay i mean come on.This = a Mass Exodus and top players will not come to us we are in shit street whoever comes in 4 years of 4th 5th 4th now wasted

williams316 said:
be serious do people really think bale raffa an co will stay i mean come on.This = a Mass Exodus and top players will not come to us we are in shit street whoever comes in 4 years of 4th 5th 4th now wasted

It really depends doesn't it? I mean to think that Redknapp was the only reason they stayed would be foolish. We have to see who else we get in and what direction we're heading in before we can say that.

These rumours had been going around for a long time. The disagreements leading to his departure are pretty common knowledge to anyone with genuinely good contacts at Spurs - so I have no doubt that whoever Levy has got lined up will be of sufficient quality to attract big name players.

williams316 said:

on the other hand the players may see it as a welcome change.If there were question marks over the tactics etc during the season in the players minds then Maybe new manager (obviously depending who it is) could spark something in the team. Maybe modric et al might think, Actually this could be someone worth giving another season for. As a statement of intent signing a manager is arguably bigger than a player signing.

also if they leave then fuck em

indianspur said:
what if the new manager doesnt want Vertonghen, would be sad if thats the case. Potentially a top centre half there

Very little chance of that I would think. Although the delay in the Vertonghen deal could be linked to the manager situation.

Liam said:
on the other hand the players may see it as a welcome change.If there were question marks over the tactics etc during the season in the players minds then Maybe new manager (obviously depending who it is) could spark something in the team. Maybe modric et al might think, Actually this could be someone worth giving another season for. As a statement of intent signing a manager is arguably bigger than a player signing.

also if they leave then fuck em

I agree fully. Harry seemed willing enough to let Luka leave last summer and it was down to Levy that he stayed. To me we still have a problem with mentality at our club, if a new manager can improve that, but at a cost of a couple of players then I think it could benefit us long term.

indianspur said:
what if the new manager doesnt want Vertonghen

I think any manager who decided he wanted to put a stop to the Vertonghen transfer would swiftly get the Mr Burns trapdoor movement from Levy, as soon as he used his shit-stained hand to scrawl his anti-Vertonghen lunacy over the walls of Levy's office.

Yup, Blanc is definitely my no1. Was pretty great at Bordeaux. Might help bring the likes of Lloris or Remy over too. Also no compo since his contract is essentially out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom