Summer 2012 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preferred replacement?[/quote]

I am a fan of Martinez but I do think Moyes would do well here and there is still Van Gaal available also I think.

Sean said:
Preferred replacement?

I am a fan of Martinez but I do think Moyes would do well here and there is still Van Gaal available also I think.[/quote]

Id be underwhelmed....would much rather Martinez though. Have to back them, but we should be looking at the next step. For me thats consistant CL, trophies, realistic title challenges within three seasons.

Moyes gonna bring all that? Who knows, but I doubt it.

sammyspurs said:
Sean said:
Preferred replacement?

I am a fan of Martinez but I do think Moyes would do well here and there is still Van Gaal available also I think.

Id be underwhelmed....would much rather Martinez though. Have to back them, but we should be looking at the next step. For me thats consistant CL, trophies, realistic title challenges within three seasons.

Moyes gonna bring all that? Who knows, but I doubt it.[/quote]

I doubt any manager is going to bring trophies and realistic title challenges within 3 seasons. With Chelsea spending again, Man City getting stronger and signing almost anyone they want. Fergie probably giving it one last hurrah and Woolwich always in the mix..I think last season is the closest we will get for a while, at least until we can get closer with wages we can offer.

sammyspurs said:
Dru said:
I doubt any manager is going to bring trophies and realistic title challenges within 3 seasons.

Keeping Harry could well though imo

I know what you mean , I just think the likes of Chelsea and Man City are going to really strengthn/already have and I cant see Man Utd getting any worse. Woolwich will also strengthen and even if they lose RVP, they will replace him.
Not to mention Liverpool and what they might do.

Dru said:
sammyspurs said:
Dru said:
I doubt any manager is going to bring trophies and realistic title challenges within 3 seasons.

Keeping Harry could well though imo

I know what you mean , I just think the likes of Chelsea and Man City are going to really strengthn/already have and I cant see Man Utd getting any worse. Woolwich will also strengthen and even if they lose RVP, they will replace him.
Not to mention Liverpool and what they might do.

For me, we are the position where we need to keep up and compete, and stop accepting that we arent good, rich or strong enough. If we cant get better than Harry, then we must stick.

What would be our target for Moyes in the next 5years? Kepp us top 6?

We just went doolaly for missing 3rd by a point (capitulation was the main reason, I know), but we cant just hire a new manager, who comes in, and our aims change from the next level, to what we were aiming for under Jol.

[/quote]Keeping Harry could well though imo[/quote]

Not to mention Liverpool and what they might do.[/quote]

For me, we are the position where we need to keep up and compete, and stop accepting that we arent good, rich or strong enough. If we cant get better than Harry, then we must stick.

What would be our target for Moyes in the next 5years? Kepp us top 6?

We just went doolaly for missing 3rd by a point (capitulation was the main reason, I know), but we cant just hire a new manager, who comes in, and our aims change from the next level, to what we were aiming for under Jol.[/quote]

So are you are assuming we are getting rid (according to papers) becuase Harry didnt do a good enough job? Maybe thats not the case, maybe Harry is making demands Levy doesnt want to/cant meet such as a rise in wages on offer to players, or a rise in his own wages/longer contract/transfer money to spend....we just dont know.

lol...quote nightmare!

No, I think Harry should stay, unless we get Jose or Pep, or SAF......or someone like that!! (slight exaggeration maybe)

Thats the next level for me, not Moyes

Any incoming manager needs to be given 2-3 years to start competing for 1st / 2nd / 3rd.

Redknapp won't be here that long because of Levy's dislike for him / his age / his health / the England job coming available again.......

We have an opportunity to improve and really have a go at winning the PL - it's not going to last for long though as we need to placate our top players with some success, as it's not money that's going to keep them at the club.

u really think raffa bale modric Assou-Ekotto wanna stay if harry went lol are some people on cloud 9 on here ? then u got Adebayor not wanna come aswell harry going = Mass Exodus contract or no contract stick with him. New manager will give all the dead wood a chance Bentley Jenas Dos Santos.Martinez would be licking him Season Wasted again before u know it.

who are the possible new available/easily bought managers with half a shout, in no particular order.
AVB
Benetiz
van gaal
martinez
moyes
cappello

feel free to keep adding im busy at work. from the list we could do a new poll regarding possible replacements?

durbanspur said:
who are the possible new available/easily bought managers with half a shout, in no particular order.
AVB
Benetiz
van gaal
martinez
moyes
cappello

feel free to keep adding im busy at work. from the list we could do a new poll regarding possible replacements?
well if u want benetiz or cappello u been on the Special Brew all day whoever it is has to stick to the wage budget really because levy is such a dry bread

williams316 said:
durbanspur said:
AVB
Benetiz
van gaal
martinez
moyes
cappello

well if u want benetiz or cappello u been on the Special Brew all day whoever it is has to stick to the wage budget really because levy is such a dry bread
fair enough but lets not forget both are currently unemployed, and a reduced wage with potential to increase is better than no wage at all. besides that im sure levys common sense dictates that with a perceived more pedigree manager comes a higher wage much like the same applies for perceived top players. although he would more than likely being on the look out for a cheap option you cannot rule out the more expensive option entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom