Suarez is a c*nt.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Slightly O/T but let's forget about Suarez for a while and talk disciplinary proceedings within football in general

I would like to ask the following question

- What is more dangerous to a player - a bite or a dangerous tackle which could cause serious injury or even end his career? A bite could never achieve unless he bites his aorta or something

Why aren't bad tackles treated in the same manner? Look at Adam for example - how can that be deemed less of an 'assault' than someone biting a shoulder. I think the entire disciplinary needs a reform, imv - look at rugby for example.

Slightly O/T but let's forget about Suarez for a while and talk disciplinary proceedings within football in general

- What is more dangerous to a player - a bite or a dangerous tackle which could cause serious injury or even end his career? A bite could never achieve unless he bites his aorta or something

Why aren't bad tackles treated in the same manner? Look at Adam for example - how can that be deemed less of an 'assault' than someone biting a shoulder. I think the entire disciplinary needs a reform, imv - look at rugby for example.

Tackling is a part of the game.

Biting is not.

Sad but true.

Totally with you on the surrounding the ref too. Didn't part of the whole respect campaign they brought in involve a rule where referees can book players for doing just that? Maybe it's was just Utopian wishful thinking

They need to start a campaign called "Stand Up" or something where players are encouraged to gain respect by not diving / holding their ankles in a little ball / over-reacting to accidental touching of their face etc etc.

Seriously, the best player in the world has my respect.

Now put Suarez, Ronaldo, fuck it...any player in those situations in that video and imagine how they'd react. It's be a childish fucking pantomime of rolling about with fake leg breaks and eye-gouges just to get someone else in trouble.

Messi is a fucking hero.

Tacking is potentially more injurious, but biting is 10x worse. There is a clear line that's been crossed whenever someone bites. A bite can't be mistimed like a tackle can. Contrary to Uruguay's position, players don't come together awkwardly and "Oops, my shoulder accidentally made contact with his face, and in the impact his face spasmed and he accidentally bit me."

They need to start a campaign called "Stand Up" or something where players are encouraged to gain respect by not diving / holding their ankles in a little ball / over-reacting to accidental touching of their face etc etc.

Now put Suarez, Ronaldo, fuck it...any player in those situations in that video and imagine how they'd react. It's be a childish fucking pantomime of rolling about with fake leg breaks and eye-gouges just to get someone else in trouble.

Messi is a fucking hero.

True definition of a sportsman. I dunno maybe there is a glimmer of hope for the game after all

Tacking is potentially more injurious, but biting is 10x worse. There is a clear line that's been crossed whenever someone bites. A bite can't be mistimed like a tackle can. Contrary to Uruguay's position, players don't come together awkwardly and "Oops, my shoulder accidentally made contact with his face, and in the impact his face spasmed and he accidentally bit me."
I'm not speaking about mistimed tackles - rather ones which intentionally aim to hurt the opponent. Have you ever played the game in any form btw?

Messi is a fucking hero.

Sorry to break it to you, but Messi dives, too.

I found a couple of videos actually, but the music was fucking terrible, so I didn't use them.

I'm not speaking about mistimed tackles - rather ones which intentionally aim to hurt the opponent. Have you ever played the game in any form btw?
And here I am wondering if you've ever even watched the game in any form, because if you had you'd surely realize that very rarely is it so clear cut.

I saw one where he got touched in the face and fell over holding it, true.
On the whole, though, Robben or Messi? Suarez or Messi? Ronaldo or Messi? There's only one I'd be hoping kids look to as a role model on the field. Ronaldinho, too, got the better of opponents by simply outplaying them.

And here I am wondering if you've ever even watched the game in any form, because if you had you'd surely realize that very rarely is it so clear cut.
I think it often is - look at rugby for example, a decent precedent to begin exploring, imv

Bottom line for me - the proceedings on 'post-game' investigations and subsequent bans require an urgent reform, imv. Same goes for diving and other forms of cheating

Fucking close call for Stevie G then :lamelashock:

172144.jpg

I suppose as others have said game where as biting is clearly not but I get your point when it comes to tackles meant to hurt other players althought assult like tackles are very rare and for my mind are very different to a clumsy mistimed tackle or a hard tackle.

The issue of whats worse is although a interesting one. 20 years ago I would have said that diving/cheating is just as bad as biting yet the crime is committed so much that we have gotten used to it, a 10 game ban for rolling around and you really would begin to clean up football. I still can't come to terms with why blatant cheating/diving is not a 5-10 game ban and a red card.

I also think the issue of personal insults is something that is overlooked, Zidane was told that his sister was to be fucked by Materratzi before he head butted him and John Terry had spend much of the game listening to Anton Ferdinand apparently taughting him about his mother before he called him a black c''t. While Terry and Zidane should be punished I think Materratzi and Ferdinand should also have had the book thrown at them just as much if not more so. The guy who starts it should always be the one IMO to recieve the most punishment as that would make it more likely to prevent future incidents.

However what is so strange about Suarez is that unlike Terry, Zidane and Cantona there was no provocation in his incidents, he wasn't driven to it, he just did it, I wonder about his mental state.

Are you sure about that? This guy thinks otherwise:

However what is so strange about Suarez is that unlike Terry, Zidane and Cantona there was no provocation in his incidents, he wasn't driven to it, he just did it, I wonder about his mental state.
We don't know that for certain - Chiellini could have been chirping him the whole game. He's hardly known to be a saint himself, lest we forget.

We don't know that for certain - Chiellini could have been chirping him the whole game. He's hardly known to be a saint himself, lest we forget.

Be interesting to see how this whole thing plays out, if Chiellini was pushing him all game I would certainly be in favour of punishing him as well but so far I have not heard anything about that.

Back
Top Bottom