Stephan El Shaarawy?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wingers (or midfielders or centre backs for that matter) is a position we are currently well stocked. For that reason alone I would be surprised if any new additions came who play there.

Have been v.impressed with Rose but he'll require cover/competition soon. Likewise up top if one or both of Adebayor or Defoe seek pastures new. Possibly a new similar-in-style-to-Lloris keeper as well.

Therefore if anything in January is spent I would imagine it would be to address those areas.

I'm a Milan supporter, and we're not getting him. 1) He'd literally have to be pushed out by the management, and 2) there are literally dozens of clubs who could use him and will pay better/offer CL football.

Let's just wrap this one up right here.

I'm a Milan supporter, and we're not getting him. 1) He'd literally have to be pushed out by the management
This I agree with.
[...] and 2) there are literally dozens of clubs who could use him and will pay better/offer CL football.
This, I do not. Assuming that he doesn't cash out and spend a few seasons in Russia, and actually stays in a big league, I'd say that there are really only about exactly a dozen clubs which would A) pay better than Spurs, and B) offer Champs League football.

The guy has supposedly turned down big money offers just to stay at Milan, so I don't see him heading to Russia, and most of those top teams that A) will pay better than Spurs, and B) offer Champs League football are far more settled on the left wing than Spurs are. You can forget Barca and Madrid, after shelling out for Neymar and Bale, respectively, and Milan would probably prefer not to strengthen a rival in Serie. Leaves Bundesliga and the Premier League, in my opinion.

I don't see him leaving, and I don't see Spurs shelling out such a large amount against this winter, but assuming Chadli doesn't impress (most of you have been absolutely, positively terrible about him thus far, and it needs to stop!), then I think there are crazier things imaginable than Spurs pursuing El Shaarawy.

Cue Mourinho snatching him up...

Soldado
El Shaarawy Eriksen Lamela
Daaaaaaaamn!That would be the best attack in the league..:avbdamn:

Sorry to piss on your chips but we really wouldn't. Don't get me wrong, I really rate Eriksen, Soldado, and Lamela, but to say we would have the best attack in the league is preposterous.

I have a fear that if we signed El Sha his Egyptian heritage will over power his Italian DNA and he will become the second Mido.

If we can get some scientific guarantees this wont happen, i am all for finally having a good Italian in our team.

Would love for us to get this guy. Fits perfectly with our need for more LW/ST cover and is young. Some of you are forgetting he hasn't exactly had a great time at Milan since Balotelli has arrived. Scored far less goals and has been removed from the national team picture. We may be the challenge he could use to get back into the fold for Italy's World Cup roster.

Last edited:
Sorry to piss on your chips but we really wouldn't. Don't get me wrong, I really rate Eriksen, Soldado, and Lamela, but to say we would have the best attack in the league is preposterous.
Well not the best,but one of the best for sure. (If the players play good,and get used to PL and the new team).
I mean we would have 3 players at 21 (well 2 at 21,and one at 20) and a striker at 28 (at the best football age) so we could only develop more and more and be better and better.I mean there are some of the most talented players in the world,3 of them have a lot experience and played CL and in the national team.We would only get better and better,and in 3 years (let's say we get him,and everyone stays by than) we would have a fucking awesome attack.
I can dream,right? :avbpray:

Who has a much better attack? I think City and Chelsea can throw out a front four similar, but there Is a case for any of then to be best.

Back
Top Bottom