Stephan El Shaarawy?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Might be jumping the gun here, but there is talk that AVB is looking to sign the Italian winger in January, despite Milan reiterating that they wish to keep him.

Personally, this would be the perfect tonic for mending my Bale-broken heart.

:balesnarl:

El Shaarawy has been one of my favourite non-Spurs players for a long time.

PfJjF.gif

-- Or --

Might be jumping the gun here, but there is talk that AVB is looking to sign the Italian winger in January, despite Milan reiterating that they wish to keep him.

Personally, this would be the perfect tonic for mending my Bale-broken heart.

:balesnarl:

El Shaarawy has been one of my favourite non-Spurs players for a long time.
588170-karl-pilkington.jpg

Would he cost any less than 40m? And isn't that a reduced price because of his recent struggles? Well I am shocked we paid as much as we did for Lamela, and I didn't think we would buy him. I will be surprised if we buy him for their price, but he could be very, very good.

On a similar note, this move will really say Lennon is gone, imo. This will have two primarily inverted players wide left, so Townsend isn't an option going on the left and he will always be on the right then. Him and Lamela inverted on the right. I like Lennon, and he could be very useful for us, but I don't think he can adapt to play inverted.

El Sharaaway is absolutely fantastic. He's also only 20 years old. Younger than both Eriksen and Lamela. 3rd leading scorer in Serie A last year behind only Cavani and Di Natale.

He's the perfect option for an inverted LW in a 4-3-3 and is much nearer to a finished product than Lamela. He's the best player we have been linked to for as long as I can remember. I would easily pay 35m for him. We will have the money to spend as our net spend since 08/09 is +11m. So every year we've been collecting TV money and that number just went up in a big way. We will have the money to break the transfer record again if we want.

Overall, all the excitement is probably for not naught but I never thought we'd sign Soldado or Lamela either.

Also, AC Milan is not exactly the powerhouse of old. They barely scrapped Champions League last year and have 4 points through 3 games while not exactly playing top competition (lost to newly promoted Hellas Verona and tied to last year's 16th placed Torino at the San Siro).

Plus, the Allegri seems to have turned on him for whatever reason and he isn't getting much time. If they struggle early this season, his future could look lilywhite in January.

We might as well put in a cheeky bid for Vidal since we're buying the cream of the crop from Serie A

Back
Top Bottom