Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have won that game, no way that was a red card for Parrott.

Skipp is absolutly bossing these youth games, i would love to see him get some minutes with the first Team.

We should have won that game, no way that was a red card for Parrott.

Skipp is absolutly bossing these youth games, i would love to see him get some minutes with the first Team.

Maybe against Watford in the League Cup.

Part of the issue with being in the CL though is that the first team has very few games where you can rotate and the youth team also has loads of fixtures to fulfill (clubs get fined if they don't) - meaning there are fewer chances to blood the young players.

Maybe, did look like we were going to win before the red.

Good experience though, as it hopefully won't be the last time some of those guys play against a cynical european team.

Think we were very positive throughout the match (first half stats posted earlier by someone showed in that in terms of shots etc) and even after Parrott being dubiously sent off Inter were not on top.

Good experience though for all those playing v different style of play, and some cynical players.

And we do look as if we have a good lot of youngsters coming through. Just hope a few more get some first team minutes (both in season and net pre-season) and maybe a few loans to allow some to get into the first team squad

Maybe against Watford in the League Cup.

Part of the issue with being in the CL though is that the first team has very few games where you can rotate and the youth team also has loads of fixtures to fulfill (clubs get fined if they don't) - meaning there are fewer chances to blood the young players.

Re the CL - It depends on the draw. Had we had the same group as Liverpool last season we could have easily played a couple of good youngsters in each of the matches, mostly off the bench but starts for the likes of Skipp and still got through the group.

Yup we need to field a full team for youth matches - but we have 26 players in the Academy plus a Development squad, so that should always be possible

Skipp was fantastic and Richards looked bright in the last few minutes and could have scored.
Entertaining game despite the awful ref.

Seems we have great strength in depth in CB's coming through - I thought we were lucky to have Eyoma (who did well for first team in pre-season), Tanganga (England u19) and Dinzeyi now all in the Development Squad but to see Binks and Walcott (both first year Academy lads) entrusted with a match like this and getting a draw plus having Lyons-Foster as a 2nd year Academy lad means it looks like a choice of 6 class CB's coming through.

Unprecedented.

Roles bossed that game , he is a different class , his passing , his touch , his technique , his eye for goal is unreal . Very underrated player

He seemed to be out of favour at Spurs for some reason but has played and made a big difference in last couple of games, but a very good CM/AM prospect .

Always think he's more like Dele than any other first team player

Just finished watching the CL game. That was a pretty decent performance, we seemed to dominate most of it, until the sending off, with Inter playing on the counter - and looking quite dangerous on the counter on occasion.

Really like Roles, he's got something about him, something Alli-esque or Lampard-esque, in that you're not quite sure where his best position should be, but he has this knack of timing and getting himself into good positions. Good technically and composed under pressure. We seem to play him as an ACM or AM, which I'm not sure about, might be worth trying him as a progressive 8 in a CM3 ?

Last edited:
I didn't get to see the game but I heard Skipp absolutely ran the show, even more so when we went down to 10 men.

Really hope he gets some first team games this season. Travels with the first team alot. Would be a statement starting him against Watford in the league cup next week.

I didn't get to see the game but I heard Skipp absolutely ran the show, even more so when we went down to 10 men.

Really hope he gets some first team games this season. Travels with the first team alot. Would be a statement starting him against Watford in the league cup next week.

Agreed.

In some ways its a shame we are playing a PL team in the league cup - if we were playing a lower league club there would be even more incentive to play some of the youngsters, for example the Amos - Skipp pairing that seemed to work well in pre -season or one of the 3 CB's (Eyoma, Tangana and Dinzeyi) we used in pre- season etc

DnsBfRiXsAEu9xh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom