Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling looking anywhere near to getting a spot on the bench, now Kane and Son are our for a while, or is Parrott closer to making his debut?

Sterling looked good in u18's, but that has not been continued into u23's and without improvement I'd expect him to move on from Spurs to a League 1 or 2 team probably Summer 2020. He made one short appearance for Spurs last season, not sure he warrants another atm.

Parrott looks a fantastic prospect who will become 17 next month but most of this year is going to be about playing in u18's, although he's played a couple of u23 games. He's been Spurs 19'th man and might make the bench. But meaningful minutes on the pitch I'd have thought unlikely this season.

Best equipped attacking player in u23's for first team consideration is probably Jack Roles (plays similarly to Dele, although obviously not to his standard atm), very versatile AM who has played false no 9, combined goals and assists is highest in u23's Whether Poch fancies him is another matter. Wild card Sam Sashoua (AM), currently on loan to Spanish League1/2 side

Sterling looked good in u18's, but that has not been continued into u23's and without improvement I'd expect him to move on from Spurs to a League 1 or 2 team probably Summer 2020. He made one short appearance for Spurs last season, not sure he warrants another atm.

Parrott looks a fantastic prospect who will become 17 next month but most of this year is going to be about playing in u18's, although he's played a couple of u23 games. He's been Spurs 19'th man and might make the bench. But meaningful minutes on the pitch I'd have thought unlikely this season.

Best equipped attacking player in u23's for first team consideration is probably Jack Roles (plays similarly to Dele, although obviously not to his standard atm), very versatile AM who has played false no 9, combined goals and assists is highest in u23's Whether Poch fancies him is another matter. Wild card Sam Sashoua (AM), currently on loan to Spanish League1/2 side

Cheers for the insights. Would be good to see one or two of these guys at least make the bench to give them a taste, and who knows what could happen from there. In our current situation, I don't see what the downside would be. Fingers crossed, they get a couple of opportunities, and toes crossed, they make an impact.

I think if any youth players are going to make the bench in light of our current injury/absentee crises it'll be the guys we've seen this season or in pre-season.

So instead of seeing a Jack Roles or even a Kazaiah Sterling on the bench, we're probably more likely to see George Marsh. For worst case scenario, we bring George Marsh on and push Dele up top.

Not that I agree with that and would LOVE to see Jack Roles get a chance. It just seems to be the way Poch operates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom