Spurs Vs PSG

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thanks for the links guys. Just watched the goal highlights for now.

Unreal goals from Eriksen and Alderweireld. Great pressing for the Dier goal and Kane doing what he does best.

Always been a little worried about CCV. I'm sure he's fast but he just seems slow to react or slow off the mark, like he carries a bit too much. He'll be good to rely on as a fourth choice centre half for now but that's his level.

Seemed to be terrible defending for Pastores goal. Couldn't make out if it was KWP or not.

Didn't see any Nkoudou, nothing on twitter either sadly but I did see a clip of Dembele murdering midfield.

Last edited:
How did the players and team do?

Any worrying signs? Anything to get excited about?

I know it's a friendly but don't let that fool you. The players will want to impress the manager to stamp their place in the team.

How did the players and team do?

Any worrying signs? Anything to get excited about?

I know it's a friendly but don't let that fool you. The players will want to impress the manager to stamp their place in the team.
I don't think there was too much new.
The players we know are good were good, the players we have question marks about did some questionable things.
- N'Koudou is a sprinter, but not a footballer.
- Wimmer is a probably a decent middleweight boxer, but not a top flight defender.
- Janssen plays with his back to goal pretty well, but does not look like he can finish.
- Onomah has some nice touches but doesn't really contribute enough.
- There was a 17 year old lad called Oakley who has something about him. He was completely new to me.
Neither team ever had anything like their first team on the pitch.

I only stayed awake for the first half, but my thoughts on that:

- N'koudou is the equivalent of what you'd expect to have seen from Townsend in the Redknapp days, or McEvoy; just nothing about him looks 'ready' or particularly impressive.
- Onomah was solid, but didn't really get into the game, so didn't stand out to me.
- CCV looks like a man, but defends like a boy still. Not convinced he should be in the sentence "replacement for Wimmer"
- KWP could have been a new £20m wing back, and I don't think we'd have known any different. Very raw and inexperienced, but looks very much like he is the complete package. Early days for him, but I'd be more excited than concerned to see him on the bench or starting cup games.

I'm not a scout by any length, but just my 10p worth.

imo CCV should be nowhere near our bench atm. That right side was a defensive mess the first half. He's static and doesn't read the game well. KWP has a lot to work on defensively aswell, but i'd like to see how he plays with Alderweireld by his side.

- N'koudou is the equivalent of what you'd expect to have seen from Townsend in the Redknapp days, or McEvoy; just nothing about him looks 'ready' or particularly impressive.
You missed him taking the piss out of some old geezer at right back in the second half...

Joke's already been made...only one fucker noticed...
39bee4f33728e1f54402d858540d373c-weekend-update-high-five.gif

Back
Top Bottom