Spurs Vs PSG

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CCV looks a long way away.

I don't know. Long way away from being a 1st choice CB? Sure. Long way away from being our 4th or 5th choice CB and a depth sub? Not so certain. Consider the environment, the opponent and the fact that this was the first preseason game for a player with hardly any experience at the top level let alone against a MONSTER like PSG. And Yes they are a monster of a team. They are about to sign Neymar for 200 million or whatever. That would be like throwing CCV into a CL game against one of the top teams. Well, aside from the difference in pressure due to it being preseason. But I think all our young players looked decent or better given the circumstances.

I do think CCV could perhaps do with a Championship loan though. I think that could definitely help him. Relative to KWP, NKoudou, and Onomah, I would say CCV looked the least ready. While I expect the first 3 to be on Spurs roster this year and to all get playing time, CCV might be headed for a loan.

we need an attacking mid

We don't need just any attacking mid though. We need the right player. I'm still holding out for Kovacic because I think he would actually be a starter for us eventually. But that would probably be as a CM not a CAM. All though he could play both which I think is enough for us this season.

Man, I don't at all want Barkley.

Long way away from being our 4th or 5th choice CB and a depth sub? Not so certain

Wimmer, Dier and Davies would be our 3rd, 4th and 5th choice CB.

CCV isn't close to any of them.

He's still very young, but every game I've seen him in (Even cup games last year) he looked average and had mistakes in him. I'm not writing him off, just saying what I see.

I wouldn't say it's very worrying. You are talking about 2 young players (21 years old?) who have never really played at this level before, in the first preseason game of the year, against a fairly imposing PSG squad with one of the highest wages in football.

I would absolutely expect mistakes from all our players let alone our young ones in this situation. And I think we saw mistakes from much of the team including our young players. But considering the opponent and the inexperience, I thought NKoudou, KWP, Onomah and CCV all looked like they could make valuable depth players for us.

KWP for all the mistakes he made, held his own at times, against the likes of Jese, DiMaria, Pastore, Cavani...... well I forget if he was in against all 4 of them, but regardless, he looks like he could make a fine young backup to Trippier. KWP doesn't have to replace Walker of last year. Trippier has to replace Walker. KWP has to replace Trippier. Not to mention, I remember Walker the elder making mental mistake after mental mistake only 4 or 5 years ago. Relative I would say KWP is ahead of the curve.

This wasn't MK Dons, it was PSG. These players have to start somewhere. Spurs still won 4-2. I would actually say that's impressive.
One injury away with Trippier and KWP is our starting RB. That's worrying to me.

Wimmer, Dier and Davies would be our 3rd, 4th and 5th choice CB.

CCV isn't close to any of them.

He's still very young, but every game I've seen him in (Even cup games last year) he looked average and had mistakes in him. I'm not writing him off, just saying what I see.

Well there you go. He would be our 6th choice CB. So it's not very worrying. Definitely a loan in my opinion.

One injury away with Trippier and KWP is our starting RB. That's worrying to me.

I think in that situation we would move Dier to RB and Wimmer would play more or something. That would still probably be good enough for us to make it to January. And then we would probably look to buy a RB in January. I wouldn't be AS worried, but I get your point. That would take away Dier from doing what he does normally. However, if they can't get the right RB this window, I could see them waiting until January anyway and risking it.

I just got back from the game. What a banger by Eriksen and by Toby. At one point Dembele just powered through 5 of them like they were nothing. It was a great game by all of them, although I expected a bit more from Janssen, and our defense in the first half seemed a bit shaky. All in all, great game and every minute of it helped to get us sharpened for this upcoming season. Also, fuck Alves, I despise the wee cunt.

I was a little disappointed with the starting lineup, but at least everyone got some minutes. I try not to put much stock in a preseason friendly, but the team looked good. That goal from Eriksen was a beauty. That alone worth the price of admission!

Spurs had a nice pregame tailgate party outside the stadium with free food and drinks if you were wearing Spurs gear. Spurs fans made up the majority of the crowd. There were quite a few people with Woolwich and Chelsea shirts.

The weather was surprisingly cool for a summer night in Florida. Funny that they needed water breaks in both halfs.

Nice start to the summer, good to see Eriksen and Toby get a couple of crackers as our top players ease back into it

VirginiaSpur VirginiaSpur just realised will you be attending the Nashville game? You could almost walk there right

6 goals tonight as I am going to game next week you can guarantee a 0-0

:pochfacepalm:

Where is the coverage on Sky or the BBC? I see loads of waffle about the other teams, including Coutinho's worldie, loads of shit about Neymar and Klopp and Woolwich but no mention that we beat PSG? Or Eriksen's "worldie"?

Last edited:
I was going to get up and watch it last night but I forgot, and I'm having a hard time trying to get a sports addon loaded on to my Kodi/Firestick. Every file I try doesn't work. :pochunimpressed:

Back
Top Bottom