Spurs vs Monaco - Glorious Return to Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am so damn excited.

That fucking sight of all the Spurs fans packed into a full house at Wembley singing their hearts out whilst the Champions League theme blares out of the PA System.

o7DgMpC.gif

BT have commissioned this for the pre match rant from James Corden (had to Google his name) against the music of O Fortuna.....niiiice.

Tonight the world will see what a real club is .
Not full of plastics struggling to sell out like racist chavs , insipid moaning Arse , glory hunting Utd wankers . Oil money City , buying success but can't fill their own stadium.
90,000 unheard of in English football . A true fan base loyal on a generation of no glory .
This is a landmark , while others mocked , let them eat their own shit as this confirms
Spurs are above all .

Last edited:
We tend to not play so well when other teams press us...so it's all good.

"We don't play well when teams sit deep against us"
"We don't play well when teams come out and press us"

Which is it, then? You can't be shit against both lol maybe people think we just play bad? Personally I think we play well against teams that attack us.

Which is it, then? You can't be shit against both lol maybe people think we just play bad? Personally I think we play well against teams that attack us.

Depends who is playing, last season when teams pressed us even this season with Liverpool we struggled a bit.

The difference is Dembele, he is so good and strong on the ball when oppositions press us it fails because even 2-3 of their players can't get the ball off him and puts us on the front foot with space in behind the opposition as pressing opens up space in behind.

Depends who is playing, last season when teams pressed us even this season with Liverpool we struggled a bit.

The difference is Dembele, he is so good and strong on the ball when oppositions press us it fails because even 2-3 of their players can't get the ball off him and puts us on the front foot with space in behind the opposition as pressing opens up space in behind.

Yeah Dembele can break / dribble through the lines - without him we get caught in possession much more often

I am so damn excited.

That fucking sight of all the Spurs fans packed into a full house at Wembley singing their hearts out whilst the Champions League theme blares out of the PA System.

o7DgMpC.gif
While you're stuck in your little room wanking to Roma videos

You are right to highlight the inconsistencies with the way people believe we play?\

If we are the better the side on the day, all this is irrelevant. teams can do what they want, we will control the game. But if we are unable to cope with the movement, as with Liverpool, we may struggle-simple. We will see our limit as the tournament progresses. Hopefully we are able to rise to the occasion , starting tonight

/QUOTE]

Our midfield looks so stable with him just imagine if we had him and Modric, we would own every midfield in the prem.

I remember us playing Fulham at WHL and I said to my mate then that Dembele was the player we should sign to replace Modric, just because he was pretty much the only other player at the time that was dribbling from centre mid - just took him a few years to get there with us.

Back
Top Bottom