Spurs vs Monaco - Glorious Return to Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Same here, see you there!

The club said wait until Monday morning before calling for replacement tickets. Hope mine arrive then. Where are people going to pre drink?

I've still got a spare ticket for this match, as everyone who replied to me on @HotspurTickets has messed me about. Face value is £36.50 inc. postage via Royal Mail Special Delivery.

Please PM me if interested. Thanks

Same here, see you there!

The club said wait until Monday morning before calling for replacement tickets. Hope mine arrive then. Where are people going to pre drink?

The Torch and/or the Green Man have been touted...
Green Man always seems to have been 'our' pub pre-FA Cup Semi-Finals... but we've yet to win one at the New Wembley! ....so maybe The Torch it is then?

So excited.

We mustn't underestimate Monaco though. Yes, they were the pot 4 team, and yes they weren't up to much when we played them last year - but they're flying domestically at the moment.
Top of Ligue 1 with 10 points out of 12.

For this reason, a fully Rested Dembele and partially rested Kane and Lamela will be invaluable.

Nice knowing that Spurs go into the Champions League setting a new attendance record for champions league I England (not counting Europa cup in like 1938).

Feels like the Squad is thick enough to handle both CL and PL this year. Will be interesting to see if there will be any rotation. Dembele will probably start. I hope with Dyer. Son should get another go after Stoke. But I Kind of wanna keep the back 4 from last game. And give Kane a chance to capitalize on his easy goal.

So maybe rest Eriksen and Dele and start Lamela in the center position with Son and Sissouko on the flanks.

I'm going with 2 11 year old boys, block 109, very excited!

Does anyone have any experience getting out of the stadium and back to Kings Cross? Is it likely to be jammed and make us late do you think? We have to get back to Kent so need to be away from Wembley by about 10:30pm I think.

Does anyone have any experience getting out of the stadium and back to Kings Cross? Is it likely to be jammed and make us late do you think? We have to get back to Kent so need to be away from Wembley by about 10:30pm I think.

It can take a while to get out of the ground and to the tube - after that it's fine.

Does anyone have any experience getting out of the stadium and back to Kings Cross? Is it likely to be jammed and make us late do you think?
We
have to get back to Kent so need to be away from Wembley by about 10:30pm I think.

Alright Arsene, steady on...!!

Last edited:
Probably Lamela should start. Son looked drained after the Stoke game. Should maximize our squad.The rest agree..

I think that either of them would be fine. As long as you manage Son's recovery properly there should be no reason he can't start against Monaco.

I think a lot of it comes down to who is best suited to start against Sunderland.

This would be my line up and also what I think Potch will go with.

Lloris
Trippier, Toby A, Verts, Davies
Dier Dembele
Lamela Alli Eriksen
Kane

Subs: Vorm, Wimmer, Walker, Wanyama, Sissoko, Son, Janssen

Back
Top Bottom