Spurs vs Monaco - Glorious Return to Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think that while Son did well with two goals and an assist against Stoke, against better opposition some of his misplaced passes and giveaways could've resulted in the opposition springing a pretty brutal counter attack. Both Son & Lamela are pretty cutthroat when it comes to playing in Europe, and having them both in the midfield would be interesting to see, but I think that just because overall Dele is a more reliable option we'll probably see Son off the bench.

Pretty sure Lamela was rested so he could score another 3 on wednesday. For some reason I don't think we will even see Wimmer on the bench. Poch seems to favor CV. Either way, Lets smash'em

Can't wait for this.. Who's up for a punch-up? between each other of course..Seems to be the fashion these days..

Been to Wembley a fair few times but never with the ground FULL of Spurs..The atmosphere will be fantastic and we'll be the envy of fans from every club..
If this doesn't make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up then nothing will.. Who remembers the atmosphere against Inter ??? and that was with 36k not 90k..

A lot of confidence in this thread. People do know they they're currently top of Ligue 1 with the highest GD scoring for fun, right? It's going to be a very very tough game
Bet you a quid we absolutely dick 'em cause the French league is shit and we're the yids.

Seem to be a fair bit of Green available too... it was all red this afternoon...

WTF is going on? Have sold out or not?
Is it 85,000 Yids or just the 61,000 required?

People will be buying tickets two days before we play, yet the dedicated ones that bought a month ago get shafted and have to sit in the gods. I actually wonder if the atmosphere in the upper tier is going to be better than on the bottom level at this point.

People will be buying tickets two days before we play, yet the dedicated ones that bought a month ago get shafted and have to sit in the gods. I actually wonder if the atmosphere in the upper tier is going to be better than on the bottom level at this point.
I fucking hope so... 'cos that seems to be where many of us will be... (myself included!)

I for one have been worrying a bit over the last few days about atmosphere in the top tier , I stand in the Park Lane every week and want to be able to stand in the top tier at Wembley and singing without being told to sit down , let's hope others will be like myself and want to get behind the team as much as possible

I for one have been worrying a bit over the last few days about atmosphere in the top tier , I stand in the Park Lane every week and want to be able to stand in the top tier at Wembley and singing without being told to sit down , let's hope others will be like myself and want to get behind the team as much as possible

I want to sit down and I want you to sit down too, so you better abide or we'll be having a scrap mate.

EDIT: Wrong club forum.

Last edited:
Why go upper tier if you want to stand? That's like saying 'I sit in the west upper every week so I expect everyone around me behind the goal in the singing section to sit down'. Many people choose upper tier specifically because they can't stand for long periods.

Why go upper tier if you want to stand? That's like saying 'I sit in the west upper every week so I expect everyone around me behind the goal in the singing section to sit down'. Many people choose upper tier specifically because they can't stand for long periods.
I wanted to be in the lower tier , was in the que for 6 hours on the day and had to settle for the top tier like many others I suspect , didn't want to sit there

Back
Top Bottom