Spurs vs Chelsea. 6 Nov 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I actually have no feelings towards Poch at all. Thanks for your service and all that but once you leave this club you are just an ex employee. Same with Kane,he’s gone and if Bayern game is on I’ll watch it but I couldn’t care less once they go. I love watching Kane because he’s a wonderful goal scorer.Maybe that will change if these players and managers win us something.

Kane’s different for me. I’m English, I’m an England fan, so I want him to smash it at Bayern, keep up his form and win us the Euros or World Cup. Same with that Jude lad at Madrid. He seems quite good!

So what’s people’s thoughts on Poch returning to the lane?
I think if he was any other manager except for the the gooners he would be welcomed back , however I still think we need to give him some respect on Monday, purely for what he is doing for Chelsea right now! :sherwoodlol:

1462264953428.jpg
Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke :king:

Confident we'll tear shreds through their midfield. Hope Porro is pushed out wide again as the thought of him up against that hapless hairy Cucu is a thrill.

I think Poch is being found out a bit.
He had a perfect storm at Spurs. One of the greatest strikers in history rising up from the youth. An astonishingly good set of defenders that just needed Alderwiereld to complete it. Prime, utterly brilliant Dembele. Throw-in Dele and Eriksen at their best and a sprinkling of Son and Wanyama and all he really had to do was point them at the opposition.

You could argue that to get to 2 finals and have 2 title challenges and win nothing, he actually under achieved with that squad.

Nah, mate. No need to re-write history.

Fuck Poch the cunt for joining Scum, fuck him for saying Chelsea is the greatest club in England and fuck a “good reception”.

But he did work wonders with that squad for a couple of years. The cunt.

Are there any former managers from this century that Spurs fans still remember fondly?
Martin Jol, Harry and I still like Poch.

People need to realise, a lot of football is Pantomime.......just because he said Chelsea were blah blah blah, doesn't mean he means it.

So I'll welcome Poch back......but only after the final whistle.

I got the impression that people were upset that Harry had an eye on the England job while he was managing Spurs?
There are some people that are so obsessed with Spurs that they'd instantly turn on someone they idolised once they've left.
And then start creating scenarios that change the past to build on the hate they'd developed.
It's not really a Spurs thing, it's just the tribal nature of football fans.

There are some people that are so obsessed with Spurs that they'd instantly turn on someone they idolised once they've left.
And then start creating scenarios that change the past to build on the hate they'd developed.
It's not really a Spurs thing, it's just the tribal nature of football fans.
I understand that. I follow a hopeless club in the AFL who have never won it and our fans invent problems to hate exactly like that.

So what’s people’s thoughts on Poch returning to the lane?
I think if he was any other manager except for the the gooners he would be welcomed back , however I still think we need to give him some respect on Monday, purely for what he is doing for Chelsea right now! :sherwoodlol:

I think he will get a polite but curt reception. Lucky for him his Chelsea have been shit, if they’d done well the reaction would be noxious.

I don’t begrudge him taking the Chelsea job but I hope it goes terribly. I think that’s how most fans feel.

Martin Jol and Harry Redknapp. The former for what he began, the latter for what he inspired.

Some incredible memories from those years, Bale against Inter high among them.
Both. Jol was great. Harry the first to get us into the CL which was a solid ceiling we couldn’t breach before that point. Great achievement. But yeah, Poch transformed us into a real challenger. He just couldn’t get us over the line ever.

As others have said, other than Woolwich or Chelsea I would have sung his name win lose or draw to show my gratitude but how can i now?

Destiny and Johnson have to start if they're fit imv.

The way Chelsea are set up to play, they'd be vulnerable to Johnson's pace either on the counter, or on a high line. Destiny is just so good that he'd inevitably draw men in, creating space for either Johnson or Maddison too. Richarlison has played pretty well recently so wouldn't be against him starting on the left with Johnson playing on the right, where he's used to playing in place of Kulusevski, who again, hasn't been bad but hasn't been quite at his best. Either Kulu or Richarlison coming in off the bench would be great options with 20 minutes left too.

I'd start Rich and bring BJ on for him later like we did v Palace.

I imagine Poch will get a solid reception from fans but would much rather that happens at the end of the game after we've won 3-0 than beforehand.

The entire stadium singing Ange's song when Poch walks out will rock him I reckon.

I will be sorely disappointment if the crowd give him a warm welcome..... It's a derby; there's no place for any such sentiment. Would be utterly ludicrous.

The only fitting thing to do is focus on winning.

Not to mention the simple fact that if you go to a rival you forego such platitude.

I got the impression that people were upset that Harry had an eye on the England job while he was managing Spurs?

It ended badly for Harry especially after we stood by him during his Tax problems but generally the football was good to watch

Back
Top Bottom