Spurs vs Chavs Match Thread (22/12/19 @ 4:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wonder how fat Frank will set them up for this? They know we struggle against teams that sit back and defend , but I’m not sure his ego would allow him to do this, I’m going for 2-0 dele with them both

Their fans will certainly remember Mourinho, but 8 players out of their starting 11 haven't played under him, so expecting a personal vendetta from their whole team might be (a bit) exaggerated

What consistency? We look like conceding everytime a cross comes in or we’re being attacked at pace

No we don’t, Wolves had 11 corners and 21 crosses yesterday and created jack shit from them. Being vulnerable to pace and movements behind our midfield is an issue but we are improving. The 4 defenders in our starting XI are the ones most suited to our style of play.

Vertonghen and Alderweireld can't play centre half together ever again. Any team with pace and movement would tear the two of them a new dung chute.

Love the thought of Jose playing the panto card, but honestly, I expect 'humble Jose' to shake fatty's hand at the end without knee-sliding into him. I think he's going to try to be classy. As long as we win, (which I expect we will), I think he'll be the new and improved manager who isn't a total dick.

:moursmall:

Love the thought of Jose playing the panto card, but honestly, I expect 'humble Jose' to shake fatty's hand at the end without knee-sliding into him. I think he's going to try to be classy. As long as we win, (which I expect we will), I think he'll be the new and improved manager who isn't a total dick.

:moursmall:

They're mates... He won't diss Frank.

Leave that to Dele. :allitongue:

No we don’t, Wolves had 11 corners and 21 crosses yesterday and created jack shit from them. Being vulnerable to pace and movements behind our midfield is an issue but we are improving. The 4 defenders in our starting XI are the ones most suited to our style of play.
We looked like conceding every time they went forward and we’ve kept two clean sheets in the PL all season. What is this defensive resolute you’re on about?

Dele’s favourite game. He’ll be well up for this.

Gazzaniga
Aurier - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Vertonghen
Dier - Winks
Lucas - Dele - Son
Kane​

Let's not get over confident people. I've seen similar threads before underwhelming draws and losses to chavs/arse in the last couple seasons.

Important thing is to not lose. We've worked hard to close the gap. Don't get caught out and give them a 6 point lead again.
They will drop points elsewhere more often than us imo, so a point wouldn't be the worst result.

Back
Top Bottom