Spurs v Villa Sunday 26 Nov 2pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Crushing defeat, but at least it looked like a better performance than the one against the wolves, even though we almost stole that one. The ‘eye test’ Gives me some hope that we can still keep ourselves afloat until vdv and maddison are back. Just hope betancur can be back soon.

Is Son doing something wrong or just plain bad luck on the repeated offsides ? What a frustrating game

2nd rate club villa. Defending was shocking by us. And it's a joke davies is still at our club. Championship player at best.

We had a back line of four fullbacks, and Davies is a more than competent and useful squad player for us. We had a makeshift midfield and defense against a potent offensive team.

With first team 5 players out, and makeshift centre halves this is expected. So many chances and only 1 goal doesn’t help.

It’s completely irresponsible to have no actual backups at centre half. I was going to have a cliche dig at Romero for the red vs Chelsea but the reality is the club is at fault.

Take the equivalent players out of any team, maybe City apart and you get this.

We need to buy wisely, lose those who have been here too long anf hope our luck turns.

It's sadly now a matter of how far we fall before our better players return.

Nothing easy about supporting us..
Take rodri out of city they didnt win in 3 i think it was

Who will be the first with the "Ange Out" calls?

My money's on Carl and his Johnson
At the beginning of the season it was recognised that we lacked strength in depth, and we've had a cruel run of injury and suspension.
Most of us, if asked - would have donated vital organs to be where we are (now) in the league, before the season started, so we need to keep a sense of perspective. We just rubbished a Villa team -that people have been raving about with only 4 or 5 of our first picks on the pitch.

Whichever way you ok at it, we are missing our goal machine.

Toney or Ferguson would be great acquisitions

Deservedly beaten, as we were at Wolves.

If you can't defend, you don't win football matches. If you can't score, you don't win football matches. If you don't give your all for 90+ mins, you know the story (fyi that's 5 goals conceded in stoppage time across the last 3 games).

Clear lack of quality, even with some of our starters. Clear lack of intelligence/cuteness...that Emerson possession right at the end sums it up 😶🔫 Not brave enough either, coaching staff included...Skipp over Donley?! Veliz on at the 87th min?!

Gonna be a long long stretch til February...

4 points off the top with a list of injuries which is increasingly frustrating. I’m not too disheartened by the performance. We looked ragged towards the end but kept on going. We should have put the game to bed with the chances we had.
We definitely need to back this manager through thick and thin. The glory will come if we have a little more luck with injuries.
We are getting hammered with them and the bench is very weak

First 30 mins fantastic, Bentancur injury was a disaster, fatigue set in, energy levels dropped, errors creeped in and our front players lost the plot.

Due to our injuries and suspensions we’re now in a bit of a no win situation until we get at least a handful of the players back. Investment in January is essential. We do however need to pick up 3 pts from somewhere otherwise morale will crash

Played our football second half too. All the best chances.

Back
Top Bottom