Spurs v Villa Sunday 26 Nov 2pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Udogie coming back will make us look better than we did against Wolves, Him and Johnson linking up can cause Villa trouble down the left hand side.

I'd play Lo Celso, he did alright when he was on against Wolves and we do need some form of creativity in the middle. Alongside him in the midfield I think Sarr should start. I'm not sure if Bentancur is fully ready yet to start so I'll go with Hojbjerg.

We don't know if Phillips is ready yet either but I don't think I can handle seeing Dier having to defend against Watkins and Diaby.

This will be a difficult game, Villa have been fantastic all season. I'll go for a 1-1.

-----------Vicario-------------
Porro-Davies-Philips-Udog
-----------Bentancur----------
---Sarr-------------PEH-------
--Kulu----Son---Johnson----

If Bentancur cannot start the game, then throw in Skippy there.
I kind of hope that Philips had chance to work and prepare over the international break to be ready now.

But whatever pick we make, please no Lo Celso.
I will support Spurs regardless who is picked, but he is such a tragic shit that I will bet actual money on Villa win if we play with 10 men + Lo Celso.

From what I have read I think Phillips just isn’t ready physically at the moment.

Im interested to see how he gets on when he does play anyway.

Doesn't seem fair, by that logic we should all have a hatred of Spurs due to the vast array of tits on here!

Actually, I'm fairly sure a lot of us do in fact hate Spurs...

Never mind.
No one.... literally no one hates Spurs more than Spurs supporters.

I'd say that's probably true for most clubs

Vicario
Porro
Dier
Davies
Udogie
Sarr
Hojberg
GLC
Deki
Son
Johnson
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Dier Davies Udogie
Sarr Hojberg GLC
Deki Son Johnson
[/lineup]

Would be shocked if that isn't the lineup. One thing GLC has always been able to do, even for us in the prem is a slide rule pass and that combined with Johnson and Son's pace vs Villa's high line could be a very useful combination for us.

Yup. Could easily be 4 on the trot. That'd be utterly disastrous.

That fucking Chelsea game!!! Really fucking hate them criminal mongrels!!!

Still can't get over how shite we were at Molineux but we still had the 3 points in the bag til...well...Dier...

Although Romero will be back, we have the Spammers immediately after. We could easily lose that one too, and they shouldn't be underestimated for their cup final.

Although Romero will be back, we have the Spammers immediately after. We could easily lose that one too, and they shouldn't be underestimated for their cup final.
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

if we had our starting 11 fit i think it would be a fun high scoring game but ultimately i think we'd just steam roll villa like 3-2 or something.

as it is, feel like Emery will do us tactically on a simple counter setup. hope to be wrong and we get a masterclass performance to keep the rival fans, and media who have come crawling out the cracks to take a pop at Angie quiet for a week

I’m a happy person love football so much. Really throw myself into all aspects of it.

I don’t say this lightly, the international break genuinely affects my mental health.

It’s an incredibly long period of time. I have to try arrange days off work or holidays to get myself through it. I don’t think that’s normal

You're right it's not good, you need a distraction - I dunno something like gym or something else you're into.

The problem with being so into football is that it's like a drug, you can never get too high and intake too much because the come down when you're not watching or when you lose is nuts.

Good thing for you is that over the next few months there's loads of footy on and there's no intl breaks until March but yeah you gotta try and learn to switch off, taking a break from this place from time to time always helps, log out of Twitter/YouTube and any footy related content for a while.

5-0 spurs win.

Purely to the fact I have a hatred of Villa due to some tit on the old 606 forum.

Actually 8-0. Fuck him.
I remember him. And if it is the same one, you’re right, he was a prize tit. Was he called The Villain or something? Used to drone on about Villa being a bigger and more successful club than Spurs because they’d won the league and cups back in the 1890s or thereabouts. Didn’t matter what the topic of the day was, he’d bring it back to Villa’s cup glory days back in 1800 and frozen to death. God he was a boring twat.

I had no particular aversion to Villa at the time but after months/years of his drivel I hated them with a vengeance.

Getting the ball to our front three is 100 percent the problem.

And we won't have an answer until Bentancur is back to his best, or Maddison returns.

Hojbjerg is always looking to pass backwards or to the side and will never try to run past a player.

We've got to at least try to integrate Los Celso or we may as well just bin him and pick a youth player.

Either that, or Ange will have to get fruity and try Kulu in the middle. But that's made even more difficult with Richarlison and Solomon out injured.

Like the idea for this one to put Kulu in the middle, Porro on right wing with Emerson right back. Sarr to his usual 8 role, with Hojberg as 6.

We are going to concede with the centre backs we have, so we need to offer a threat the other way. Kulu as 10 for me is the best option.

Vicario
Porro
Dier
Davies
Udogie
Sarr
Hojberg
GLC
Deki
Son
Johnson
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Dier Davies Udogie
Sarr Hojberg GLC
Deki Son Johnson
[/lineup]

Would be shocked if that isn't the lineup. One thing GLC has always been able to do, even for us in the prem is a slide rule pass and that combined with Johnson and Son's pace vs Villa's high line could be a very useful combination for us.

Yeah I expect that will be the starting XI. Let’s just pray that a miracle happens and Lo Celso affects the game.

Crazy how 4.5 years on we are still having to trust in a flop like him.

Like the idea for this one to put Kulu in the middle, Porro on right wing with Emerson right back. Sarr to his usual 8 role, with Hojberg as 6.

We are going to concede with the centre backs we have, so we need to offer a threat the other way. Kulu as 10 for me is the best option.

One problem in doing this is that it leaves us with no attackers on the bench (other than Veliz).

I wouldn't be moving Deki inside myself. But if we did and Gil played RW, I'd have Veliz and Donley on the bench.

I'd be picking the team that looks most obvious personally.

We have 2 x first choice players missing from both the defense and our MF..... Creating disruption to our attack in order the play Kulu out of position and start a yet-to-impress for a whole game Gil would just be self-inflicting further chaos. Then when the time comes to freshen up around the 70min mark we could end up finishing the match with Donley, Veliz + 1........

We have 2 x first choice players missing from both the defense and our MF..... Creating disruption to our attack in order the play Kulu out of position and start a yet-to-impress for a whole game Gil would just be self-inflicting further chaos. Then when the time comes to freshen up around the 70min mark we could end up finishing the match with Donley, Veliz + 1........
Agree.

Udogie back helps with some normality. Moving Sarr back to the R8 is also back to normality and Hojberg has played 6 already this season.

Just need GLC to show up.

Back
Top Bottom