Spurs V Motherwell Friendly Friday 9th Dec 1pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Definitely have to start thinking building the team going forward around him and Rodrigo

I'm pretty sure one of Paratici's aims is to buy a number of players under age 25 ish to prepare for a post Kane/Son time - doesn't mean we don't bring in a few older players too, but majority younger. Kulusevski and Bentancur being part of that plan

Alistair Gold said we might buy a few players for development team - hopefully setting up a youth development process including loans so some get through to first team.

Where was that Brazilian bastard? I know it’s Motherwell but Doc really has to play going fwd, he’s not perfect at all but has goal threat and can play in the final third unlike Megan and Sess

Agree

He's probably getting to be as good as Eriksen at his best capable of getting 20+ goals/assists a season - clearly a different player but fulfils a similar role as main creator in the side, and a crucial foil to whoever our other forwards are whether Kane, Son or Richarlison. .
He’s versatile too, got no doubt he would flourish on the left side of the attack too and potentially even centrally. Great footballer and goal threat too; plus work ethic and physicality

Where was that Brazilian bastard? I know it’s Motherwell but Doc really has to play going fwd, he’s not perfect at all but has goal threat and can play in the final third unlike Megan and Sess

Which Brazilian bastard ? Emerson and Moura, together with Forster, Lenglet and Sessegnon were said to have had minor injuries from training so were not available

Actually worked out well as we got to see more of Spence, White and 18 year old Sayers (LCB) than expected and with one or two exceptions the team worked well against a Motherwell side who resume their SPL programme on 17 December so should have been further down their 'preseason' training programmes.

I'm hoping to see Spence and Doherty in the next friendly as the RWB's ..... but we shall see.

Charlie Sayers has played LB before (as well as LCB) as has Harvey White (on Poch's first preseason tour White was main LB in Rose's absence), and Cesay played their in early preseason friendlies in summer so there are options at LB/LWB, albeit less experienced.

Worth recalling that 18 year old Charlie Sayers made the pre-season squad to tour South Korea in the summer, so Conte is familiar with him, even if he only played 15 minutes in the first tour game (similar to Fagan-Walcott, the other youth CB on tour).

IMO Sayers is a player who has shown for Spurs at Academy level that he can bring the ball out well from defence, has good pace, a good passer of the ball off his left foot, is generally good at distribution, and is composed on the ball, solid in defence with good heading, blocking attackers and reading the game/anticipation. Joined Spurs from Southend inn late 2021 after making about 6 first team appearances for them - so has now 'done' just over a year at Spurs and needs to do a 2nd year before qualifying as an u21 for uefa purposes and almost two more years to qualify as 'Club trained'.

Not too many youngsters on that tour, Austin, White and Parrott the others.

Hopefully his absence means he’s shortly to become a former Spurs ‘player’
No need to use such words for a present Spurs player. To say it mildly.
Yes, he's been playing poorly for Spurs and I won't mind seeing him replaced but com'n, there's no need to call him a bastard.

Last edited:

Match report

Austin (Whiteman 62), Tanganga (Muir 82), Sanchez (Fagin-Walcott 82), Lenglet (Lyons-Foster 69), Spence (Paskotsi 82), Bissouma (Sarr 69), Skipp (Devine 82), Doherty (Craig 82), Kulusevski (Robson 82), White (Santiago 82), Gil (Mathurin 82).

Goals - White, Gil, Doherty

Very similar squad to that v Motherwell

We all know that you meant your ear except CarrieFi CarrieFi

What can I say, I’m dirty minded!

Sorry Oh No GIF by The Swoon

Match report

Austin (Whiteman 62), Tanganga (Muir 82), Sanchez (Fagin-Walcott 82), Lenglet (Lyons-Foster 69), Spence (Paskotsi 82), Bissouma (Sarr 69), Skipp (Devine 82), Doherty (Craig 82), Kulusevski (Robson 82), White (Santiago 82), Gil (Mathurin 82).

Goals - White, Gil, Doherty

Very similar squad to that v Motherwell

All very hush hush that game.

Strange no sighting of Fraser Forster, Ryan Sessegnon, Lucas Moura and Emerson Royal for this 2nd friendly game

Sessegnon was said not to be fully fit after his injury before the World Cup, but the other three ?

Back
Top Bottom