Spurs V Motherwell Friendly Friday 9th Dec 1pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

6 seasons is just a terrible inditement of our transfer policy over that period. If he doesn’t go this summer then I really do wonder. He’s just consistently not good enough. Dier gets more stick and isn’t as bad.

Poch insisted on him after seeing him have a great game for Ajax in EL final v Man U - he was everywhere.

Great first season at Spurs playing frequently, often in place of Aldserweireld and rewarded with new contract until 2024.

Wasn't played that much in 2nd season and when he did it wasn't great. And generally has never hit first season heights since.

I doubt if he'd that easy to sell as he's on a decent wage - especially in last 2-3 years with european clubs having no money.

Poch insisted on him after seeing him have a great game for Ajax in EL final v Man U - he was everywhere.

Great first season at Spurs playing frequently, often in place of Aldserweireld and rewarded with new contract until 2024.

Wasn't played that much in 2nd season and when he did it wasn't great. And generally has never hit first season heights since.

I doubt if he'd that easy to sell as he's on a decent wage - especially in last 2-3 years with european clubs having no money.

Isn't it common knowledge that he was actually absolute dog shit in that game. Mourinho targeted him and also told him when he met him at training (the last bit a bit weird from mourinho).

Given the opposition who didn't look great, but maybe that in part was due to Spurs turning up, pressing and generally looking sharp, difficult to 'mark the players' but those who stood out as looking good, probably Kulusevski, Doherty, Gil, Spence, White, Skipp, Bissouma, Sayers and Tanganga.

Promising for the 2nd half of the season.

Isn't it common knowledge that he was actually absolute dog shit in that game. Mourinho targeted him and also told him when he met him at training (the last bit a bit weird from mourinho).

I think its the age old problem of opinions

In that game Sanchez was very positive in getting to ManU forwards to try to snuff them out early - personally thought he was more 'showboating' than effective.

But why was he bought if he didn't look good to Spurs after that match and Poch was definitely there watching. And we paid a top amount fir a defender !

subs :

1 Alfie Whiteman for Brandon Austin

2 Romaine Mundle comes on for Charlie Sayers and goes into the left wing-back role, meaning Matt Doherty moves to the right of the back three with Japhet Tanganga switching to the left.

Didn't get to watch........

Did Spence get subbed off too?

will watch game later on spursplay, see the goals, glad gil got one and an assist. kulu and bissouma against motherwell is a bit unfair hahah. shame devine didnt get minutes with the big guns, would of been good for him to get out there with kulu and bissouma.

Watched it at my desk at work and gotta say Kulu is levels above everyone on the pitch. Crazy how easy he makes the game look, didn't anticipate him being such a key player so soon

Just watched our highlights on YouTube. Good to see spence and gill get minutes and play well. Hopefully in world cup break they've spent good time improving their game. Lankshear looks a good target man up front. Kulusevski ran the show again.

Watched it at my desk at work and gotta say Kulu is levels above everyone on the pitch. Crazy how easy he makes the game look, didn't anticipate him being such a key player so soon

Agree

He's probably getting to be as good as Eriksen at his best capable of getting 20+ goals/assists a season - clearly a different player but fulfils a similar role as main creator in the side, and a crucial foil to whoever our other forwards are whether Kane, Son or Richarlison. .

Agree

He's probably getting to be as good as Eriksen at his best capable of getting 20+ goals/assists a season - clearly a different player but fulfils a similar role as main creator in the side, and a crucial foil to whoever our other forwards are whether Kane, Son or Richarlison. .
Definitely have to start thinking building the team going forward around him and Rodrigo

Back
Top Bottom