Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gordon Bennett I'm nervous. Come on Tottenham. Hammer Liverpool, hammer SKY, hammer all the media, five and a bit hours to go. Make my weekend please. Bugger it, special occasion I'm opening the bar early. COYS

A really good debate on Radio 5 live last night about both teams.

Some well stated points and just falling on the side that Liverpool were a more serious challenger to City than we were. Much was based on greater depth within the squad, which of course is the extra investment Liverpool made in the summer.

However it was mentioned that if Van Dijk gor injured or Allison then maybe it would have as significant an impact as it would if we lost Kane for a while.

I thought the panel were pretty fair and talked of a combined team being an equal mix of players.

Today both teams will want to make a point.

Let's do em.
:tobyarm:

Growing up in 80's London, surrounded by glory hunting cockney scouse twats... and the way Sky will wheel out Graeme Souness as a neutral pundit... and the whinging over Kane's goal at Stoke that had no relevance to them... and them actually claiming Lamela fouled Van Dick for our last minute penalty... and their "look at us, buying players" approach to the transfer window... and for claiming we should be docked points for missing out on playing games at home... and the fact that the dippers are actually a decent team right now.

Part of me hopes we go full metal jacket, tear them a new one, Dembele eye-gouging, Aurier rozzer-elbowing, Lamela finger stamping mental on them.
:lamelaaghh:

Part of me hopes we tiki taka them out of Wembley, cruising to another 4-1 victory with the subtlety of a light rimming... their fans get the bus of shame back to whatever part of London they crawled out from, accompanied by that disconcerting pleasure they will never admit to.

:eriksenserious:

Poch will obviously be a bit more measured. Nick one on the break and it opens up. 3-1.

Early doors leaves plenty of time to get pissed in The Parish ( SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs surely the only good thing abt going back to Wembley).

P.S. I fucking hate the international break, isn't it great to be back.

Vorm
Trippier Toby Sanchez Jan Rose
Eriksen Dier Dembele
Kane Lucas

Gutted that Lloris is out. Don't see Gazzanigga getting thrown in to this one.

I wouldn't mind seeing Winks in there somewhere but maybe too soon in his return. Dier's physicality (plus his propensity for a long ball) and Dembele's experience get in for me.

Dele is also a blow, I think he's been good for us so far this season. But hope it gives Eriksen a more defined role cos he can certainly up his game. Looking for a silver lining.

Anyone know if Aurier at left back last season was a tactical ploy to counter Salah or out of necessity?

A really good debate on Radio 5 live last night about both teams.

Some well stated points and just falling on the side that Liverpool were a more serious challenger to City than we were. Much was based on greater depth within the squad, which of course is the extra investment Liverpool made in the summer.

However it was mentioned that if Van Dijk gor injured or Allison then maybe it would have as significant an impact as it would if we lost Kane for a while.

I thought the panel were pretty fair and talked of a combined team being an equal mix of players.

Today both teams will want to make a point.
Hmmm like almost everything analysis I heard on this game the fact that we steamrolled them last year seems to erased from the collective memory I think I’ve read one article outside Spurs chats that referred to it.

Carraghers article in today's Telegraph tells how Liverpool dominate 90% of their home games and they haven't conceded a goal at home since February. Strangely he didn't mention that it was us (who scored twice and missed a penalty that would have won the game) and that we had 66% possession and that we did it after HUMILIATING them at Wembley.
That said it was a reasonably balanced article, highlighting that we are the first genuine test of their upgraded defence/keeper combination.

I would love to see Winks come out and play a blinder - and see Gazzaniga prove a few people wrong.
Heart says a win, head says a draw.

Much was based on greater depth within the squad, which of course is the extra investment Liverpool made in the summer.

This makes no sense.

They’ve got greater depth? Yet if Allison and VD get injured their fucked.

We scored 10 goals in three games the last time Kane got injured. We have coped with Kane’s injuries and won most the games we have been without him.
We have cover for him in Son and Moura.

Not sure how it’s the equivalent of them having to play Mingolet or Moreno.

I’m guessing Kieta is being bandied about as some kind of massive squad depth now?

Let’s have a look at their CM options then:
Kieta, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum

Ours:
Dembele, Wanyama, Dier, Dele, Winks Sissoko

Forwards for them:
Mane, Salah, Firminho, Lallana, Sturridge, Shaqiri

Ours:
Kane, Eriksen, Dele, Moura, Son, Lamela, Llorente

It’s a common stick to beat us with, this depth nonsense, because last year we must have about 8 first team injuries, but in my opinion our squad trounces theirs, and that’s why we stuck 6 goals past them and took 4 points off them last season.

I'm half pissed now, no longer nervous, 100% we smash em!! Pochettino tactical masterclass would be nice. I still reckon he makes the odd mistake but when he gets it right he really gets it right. C'mon you fuckers!!!!!

I hope that all of you, like me, will be wearing this lovely scarf today...

4131.jpg

Back
Top Bottom