Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's a very fair observation, I am here because it's not exactly the same as SC. I absolutely don't want to make this place like SC, but that doesn't mean every tiny little facet of SC was a catastrophe either.

I just mooted the idea of an "informative" rating is all, as several times in the last couple of days people have posted shit that I appreciated being informed of, but that I didn't need to comment on further, but that didn't really warrant a like, agree or disagree, is all.

P.S. You are SOOOO SC.... And show classic signs of having been over-moderated in the past.

I don't know if many Liverpool fans think they're better than Man City - they just know they CAN beat them as proven by beating them three times last season.

Sadly, so far it looks like they can beat the shit too.

We need to show up tomorrow and put them right back in their fucking place.

They are a very good side. 2nd best squad possibly.

Only our most potent, clinical and concentrated is going to beat them tomorrow.

Last edited:
I just think we're in real danger of wasting this golden generation at Spurs by following the narrative that we've got no chance to win anything.

Couldn't agree more. We have been in the top 3 for the last 3 seasons in a row, pushing for the title in 2 of them. We have reached a cup final and two semi-finals in the last 4 seasons. The idea that we are not close to winning anything is rubbish. We are very, very close. You just need a bit of luck and a bit more grit if you want to beat the Manchesters and Chelsea to silverware.

Obviously we shouldn't go fully delusional like Liverpool fans but we should be looking to win a trophy this season.

I don't think anyone at the club genuinely thinks we will be winning the league, so there's nothing to forget. Top 4 is the target.

Top 4 was the target when we were in 5th place. Now we are entrenched in the top 3 and 4th place is the bare minimum we should expect. We should be targeting the title. If we fall away and have to adjust our target then so be it, but the season has only just started. All the top 5 should be targeting the title at this point.

Last edited:
I don’t care when Liverpool, Woolwich or Chelsea pundits and fans talk like this.

What fucks me off is that the entire summer, 99% of this forum agreed with the sentiment, and spent months berating our squad and policy and writing us off.

Tipping there caps to whichever way the wind blows.....shitting their pants West Ham has surpassed us, now trying to come across as hardcore positive, while saying we cannot win the title and our players all know it.

Too many fans on here are wankers, basically and the site owners dont give a shit, with their pissy yellow card system.

Pretending the site is unmodded then Case pops up saying he checks every vote to see if if a ban is necessary.

So it IS modded then ffs

Bizarre that he bans people for over a month for supporting the club, but happily let’s negative cunts who constantly slag it off operate with freedom.

It’s very simple to see who talks Spurs, and who only talks about other posters.
This used to be called a site for ultras......shame the founders all started wanting to be like that fat gooner Robbie.

Rather than complaining about it every time you come back, why don't you leave?

I have to admit to feeling quite nervous about this one. Although it's still early days, a little hinges on this one. The fact we slaughtered them last time round at Wembley has no bearing on Saturday'so game. I just hope that the players are up for it, and they play to their best form. Need a bounce back from the Watford game.

Sooooooo, here we go again.

Me: "I think we´ll win"
You: "I think it we difficult as we are tired"

Correct me if Im wrong, but didnt you quote me, and disagree with my post and argue your own views?
Nothing wrong with that, thats the point in discussion.

But when I argue mine, it "relax and accept my opinion"

Why are people constantly coming with this pathetic libe all the time. Ive accepted your views as much as youve accepted mine. We disagree with eachother at thats that.

If you want to make statements with no back and forth, then dont quote me, as I will answer you.

I thought that was what you wanted, but obviously you´re just another pussy on his high horse who wants to disagree with people at will, but gets all pissy when they come back with an answer.

Basically, fuck off mate.
Every. Fucking. Day.

I don't think there overall squad is better than ours - but the way they play is a nuisance for every team in the league.

Can you imagine if they had won 3-0 at Old Trafford while we were scraping past Brighton at home.

Yeah we lost to Watford and rightly so, but I’m not sure what some people have seen that has them so sacred.

It’s almost as if they just looked at four wins and took no account of performance or opposition.

Watching "the debate" on Sky with Tim and Phil Thompson..........(I know)

People slag off Tim, but he's done nothing but defend us and say we should be beating Liverpool
He sounds like a Spurs fan. to his credit.

Watching "the debate" on Sky with Tim and Phil Thompson..........(I know)

People slag off Tim, but he's done nothing but defend us and say we should be beating Liverpool
He sounds like a Spurs fan. to his credit.
Considering the way he was sacked by the club, and ridiculed and vilified by the fans (including me), I think he's shown incredible decency towards us in the years since. Respect to the guy.

Back
Top Bottom