Spurs Subway cars

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just seen a friend put this up on Facebook...train number 1951, too.

1173907_10153095618465144_174000988_n.jpg

I thought this was really clever advertizing and generally a good thing. The more we become a global brand, the more fans there'll be. The more fans there are, the more people to appreciate the spurs way of playing football. The more people appreciating the spurs way of playing football, the more happiness in the world.

I thought this was really clever advertizing and generally a good thing. The more we become a global brand, the more fans there'll be. The more fans there are, the more people to appreciate the spurs way of playing football. The more people appreciating the spurs way of playing football, the more happiness in the world.
I like this starry-eyed nonsense. We need more of it.

How much of an affect do you think this will have?
To be fair, the amount of advertising we've been getting in the US is insane and I think it will definitely translate into club and UA profits. Soccer Ball is finally becoming fashionable in the US and somehow we have managed to stick ourselves on the crest of the whole thing for free pretty much.

Americans buy stuff. They buy a lot of stuff. Stuff that they don't need, and when they realise they don't need it, they throw it away and buy more stuff. They are stuff loving mother fuckers and if you can make them want to buy your own stuff, you'll do alright.

:adegrin2:

I always wonder whether our friends across the pond automatically read UK posters in a cockney accent?

I remember a snowboarding forum I used to go on had an Irish lad who was dyslexic. If you read his posts phonetically in an Irish accent, his spelling was perfect

To be fair, the amount of advertising we've been getting in the US is insane and I think it will definitely translate into club and UA profits. Soccer Ball is finally becoming fashionable in the US and somehow we have managed to stick ourselves on the crest of the whole thing for free pretty much.

Americans buy stuff. They buy a lot of stuff. Stuff that they don't need, and when they realise they don't need it, they throw it away and buy more stuff. They are stuff loving mother fuckers and if you can make them want to buy your own stuff, you'll do alright.

So I do the reverse and the Tampa bay buccaneers start advertising on the tube.

I ask myself, will this make me "check them out".

Then I realise all I would give a shit about is getting a seat, and getting home.

:adegrin2:

I always wonder whether our friends across the pond automatically read UK posters in a cockney accent?

I remember a snowboarding forum I used to go on had an Irish lad who was dyslexic. If you read his posts phonetically in an Irish accent, his spelling was perfect
lol no, I never read anything in an accent unless it's typed phonetically. Hopefully no one reads my posts with a parody-Mexican accent.

Back
Top Bottom