Spurs Questions of the Day/Week - Trivia Awesomeness etc..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: Spurs Questions of the Day/Week - Trivia Awesomeness etc

Ok boys. I'm raising the bar. Google will NOT be your friend today.

1) Name these current and former Spurs players.

a)
USgpY.jpg
b)
xmmjO.png

c)
CcaHY.jpg

2) We beat this Sky top 4 team 3-1 over 10 years ago. Name the missing players and the team they beat.

[formation=4-4-2 GK=Sullivan D=xxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx Carr DM= M=xxxxxxxxxxx Leonhardsen xxxxxxxx xxxxxx AM=xxxxxxx S=Ferdinand]Some notes here.[/formation]

3) Name the 7 current or former Spurs players who have not retired from playing football and have more than 20 caps for England.

4) Which player holds the Premier League record for scoring the most goals as a substitute?

5) Which club has played in the third tier of English football the most amount of seasons?

6) Fleetwood Town were promoted to the Football League for the first time in their history this season, but which 10 current Football League clubs did the same during the Premier League era?

2) The team was Man U, and the missing players are Campbell, Doherty, Young, Davies, Clemence (?), Etherington and Korsten

4) is Defoe

5) I think is someone in the south west; Yeovil or Exeter maybe

yiddo2786 said:
2) The team was Man U, and the missing players are C**tbell, Doherty, Young, Davies, Clemence (?), Etherington and Korsten

4) is Defoe

5) I think is someone in the south west; Yeovil or Exeter maybe

2) Almost! You got one wrong.

4) Correct.

5) Neither.

yiddo2786 said:
zin said:
2) Almost! You got one wrong.
And you're not going to tell me which one, are you? :sandro:

Where's the fun in that :baletroll:

One of your players doesn't fit the length of x's :)

aaaaahhh :mad: I can't find the last fucker who's got 20 or more and is still active! cuntbell retired, lennon only got 19 as far as I can find, and we can't really claim beckham as a spurs since he never made a 1st team app. AAAAAAAARRRRRRGG :parker:

Kalyl said:
aaaaahhh :mad: I can't find the last fucker who's got 20 or more and is still active! cuntbell retired, lennon only got 19 as far as I can find, and we can't really claim beckham as a spurs since he never made a 1st team app. AAAAAAAARRRRRRGG :parker:

LOL. Ok I was being a bit cheeky. It was Beckham as he was a youth player at Spurs ;) To be honest I don't think Campbell has actually retired, I can only see the wiki source saying he has but since he hasn't played any football this season we'll assume he has.

For a bonus who else would have been on this list if they had not retired this January, having played some games this season?

zin said:
Kalyl said:

LOL. Ok I was being a bit cheeky. It was Beckham as he was a youth player at Spurs ;) To be honest I don't think C**tbell has actually retired, I can only see the wiki source saying he has but since he hasn't played any football this season we'll assume he has.

For a bonus who else would have been on this list if they had not retired this January, having played some games this season?

Nick Barmby

Blanchflower said:
a. Nayim
b. Kevin Scott
c. Coulibaly

a) and c) are correct, b) is not Kevin Scott but does look like him!

20654-lsh.jpg

Blanchflower said:
zin said:
Kalyl said:

LOL. Ok I was being a bit cheeky. It was Beckham as he was a youth player at Spurs ;) To be honest I don't think C**tbell has actually retired, I can only see the wiki source saying he has but since he hasn't played any football this season we'll assume he has.

Nick Barmby

Correct :)

Just these left to answer. Will carry them over to tomorrow's questions if not.

5) Which club has played in the third tier of English football the most amount of seasons?

6) Fleetwood Town were promoted to the Football League for the first time in their history this season, but which 10 current Football League clubs did the same during the Premier League era?

5) Rochdale?

6) Dagenham & Redbridge, Stevenage, AFC Wimbledon

Thelonious said:
5) Rochdale?

6) Dagenham & Redbridge, Stevenage, AFC Wimbledon

Definitely not Rochdale. They had the record for the most amount of time in the League 2 equivalent before they got promoted the year before into League 1.

Back
Top Bottom