Spurs Questions of the Day/Week - Trivia Awesomeness etc..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: Spurs Questions of the Day/Week - Trivia Awesomeness etc

Smoked Salmon said:
Blanchflower said:
Smoked Salmon said:
Am I to assume that by "top flight" we are talking the four football leagues, rather than Premier League/Old First Division?

Seriously dude, read the question!

:king:
Don't pay much attention to Wigan, but I'm assuming that if we are talking Prem then when they secured promotion it was the first time in the Prem and they haven't gone down since. That correct?

When they secured promotion to the premier league it was the first time they had been in the top flight of English football. They were never in the old division 1.

Wonder if the answer to 3 might be a keeper - Robinson hardly ever missed a game... Walker was in for a long while too

zin said:

1) What is the relation between Jake Livermore and former Spurs manager Doug Livermore?

2) From which club did Giancarlo Gallifuoco sign from in the January transfer window that just passed?

3) Which former Spurs player has the most Premier League appearances for the club?

4) Steve Perryman holds the record for the most European appearances for Spurs with 64. Which current Spurs player is in second place?

5) Which 5 players who played under Christian Gross when he was Spurs manager are currently employed as football managers?

6) Which is the only current Premier League club never to have been relegated from the top flight in its history?

1) yes this is a trick question....

2) no answers yet

3) is not Judas, Keane, Carr, Walker or Robinson. Anderton is the correct answer (Smoked Salmon) with 298 appearances, Ledley is second with 270 odd.

4) yes Aaron Lennon (Dannyboy) with 37 appearances.

5) Klinsmann & Edinburgh (Blanchflower) for the USA national team and Newport County in the Conference National. Freund joined in 1998, after Gross so doesn't count. Ian Walker is no longer managing (he's GK coach at the chinese club Anelka is at) but did manage Bishop's Stortford this season before getting sacked. 3 more to go on this one.

6) Wigan Athletic is correct (coalhada) they have never been relegated from the top flight since they got promoted to it in 2005 for the first time in their 73 year history.

Blanchflower said:
5) Sinton & Dominguez

Yep, Sinton (AFC Telford United in Conference National) and Dominguez (Uniao Leiria in Primeria Liga, the Portuguese top flight).

Dominguez's one is also his first managerial job which he got just last month.

One more to go.

Thelonious said:
Calderwood? I cheated and I'm not proud. :)

Well you suck at cheating! He's only assistant manager at Hibernian so doesn't count ;) but the answer is another central defender.

zin said:
Thelonious said:
Calderwood? I cheated and I'm not proud. :)

Well you suck at cheating! He's only assistant manager at Hibernian so doesn't count ;) but the answer is another central defender.

and by Hibernian I meant Birmingham City! his last managerial job was at Hibernian.

I've actually used the nickname of "Doug" for Jake during most of the season. Has confused a shit load of mates :tongue:

Are we allowed to google and then pretend we knew the answers?

Oops, looks like someone has beaten me to that idea....

What about Justin Edinburgh for no. 5?

Guessing really, everyone else has pretty much been said.

Dannyboy said:
Nethercott?

I think this is right, he's managing in the ryman leagues somewhere. My hometown team plays in thiese leagues so when checking the website I'm sure I've seen his name pop up somewhere.

Burko said:
Are we allowed to google and then pretend we knew the answers?

Oops, looks like someone has beaten me to that idea....

I've already said in the main post you can google. My questions are going to be difficult enough to require a level of googling! I'd be worried if you knew the answers to some of them off the top of your head! :bae:

Was nicky Barmby still playing for us when Gross was in charge?

Sean said:
Was nicky Barmby still playing for us when Gross was in charge?

Left 2 years before.

The answers are all in now - it was Klinsmann, Edinburgh, Sinton, Dominguez and Nethercott.

Back
Top Bottom