Spurs Questions of the Day/Week - Trivia Awesomeness etc..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

zin

Supporter
Thought I'd kick something like this off here, easy to begin with and then gradually harder. Some basics:

- Will keep it Spurs related but throw in some general football questions also now and again.
- New questions will be added when all correct answers are in or when thread becomes dormant for a day or longer at which point I will provide all answers.
- Really don't care if you google the answers as I will be trying to make them difficult to google as the days go by and feel free to drop me a PM with new questions with a link which confirms the answers and I'll make sure I credit you with them.

1) Who scored Spurs' first Premier League hattrick and against who?

2) Under what name was the club formed in 1882?

3) Who was the shirt sponsor in 1997?

4) How many times have Spurs finished runners-up in the top flight and when was the last time?

5) To which club did Ben Alnwick go out on loan to earlier this season?

6) Other than Rangers in Scotland which other team in the world has won at least 50 league titles?

Re: Spurs Questions of the Day/Week - Trivia Awesomeness etc

I should maybe try with a more catchy title :gomes:

6) I thought was Peñarol. But in looking it up, I saw I was wrong. Linfield FC.

Blanchflower said:
1) Teddy vs Leeds
2) Hotspur FC
3) Hewlett Packard
4) 4, 1963
5) Leyton Orient

Spot on.

1) Teddy Sheringham vs Leeds United 20th Feb 1993 in a 4-0 home win.
2) Formed on 5th Sep 1882 as Hotspur Football Club. In 1884 the club was renamed Tottenham Hotspur Football Club to avoid any confusion with an already established team called Hotspur FC.
3) Hewlett Packard 1995-1999
4) 1921–22, 1951–52, 1956–57, 1962–63
5) Leyton Orient from 10th Sep 2011 to 12th Dec 2011 as emergency loan cover for fellow Spur David Button. He played 8 games and kept 2 clean sheets.

Éperons said:
6) I thought was Peñarol. But in looking it up, I saw I was wrong. Linfield FC.

Yep, Linfield FC with 50 Northern Irish titles. Peñarol have 48 and are 3rd on the all-time list.

1) What is the relation between Jake Livermore and former Spurs manager Doug Livermore?

2) From which club did Giancarlo Gallifuoco sign from in the January transfer window that just passed?

3) Which former Spurs player has the most Premier League appearances for the club?

4) Steve Perryman holds the record for the most European appearances for Spurs with 64. Which current Spurs player is in second place?

5) Which 5 players who played under Christian Gross when he was Spurs manager are currently employed as football managers?

6) Which is the only current Premier League club never to have been relegated from the top flight in its history?

Smoked Salmon said:
coalhada said:
6) Is Wigan Athletic, I think.
Wigan have never been out of the top flight? Is that a joke?

It's the correct answer. They've never been relegated from the top flight. Which is what the question was asking :kaboul:

zin said:
Smoked Salmon said:
coalhada said:
6) Is Wigan Athletic, I think.
Wigan have never been out of the top flight? Is that a joke?

It's the correct answer. They've never been relegated from the top flight. Which is what the question was asking :kaboul:
Am I to assume that by "top flight" we are talking the four football leagues, rather than Premier League/Old First Division?

Smoked Salmon said:
Am I to assume that by "top flight" we are talking the four football leagues, rather than Premier League/Old First Division?

Seriously dude, read the question!

:king:

Blanchflower said:
Smoked Salmon said:

Seriously dude, read the question!

:king:
Don't pay much attention to Wigan, but I'm assuming that if we are talking Prem then when they secured promotion it was the first time in the Prem and they haven't gone down since. That correct?

I reckon 3 is Darren Anderton. Here for years and always got back into the first team when fit.

5, Klinsmann, Walker, Edinburgh, Freund and?

Smoked Salmon said:
Don't pay much attention to Wigan, but I'm assuming that if we are talking Prem then when they secured promotion it was the first time in the Prem and they haven't gone down since. That correct?
Yes. Counsel is correct.

Back
Top Bottom