SPURS-FANS-STAND-BAN!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely the club could simply issue a statement to that effect and have a quiet word with those they have chosen to ban.

It’s almost as if Spurs are now trying to prise it back from the fans who have waited so long to home...”MINE!!! MINE!!! YOU CANT PLAY WITH IT!!!”
Oh i agree.not saying the club are handling it well, just that i think it was always going to happen.they should have been clear from the off.
Instead they were quiet and bigged up the "fans" end.So people who were in the Park lane thought it would be business as usual when they moved in.

It's not just Spurs but the premier league in general that has become a global ' brand' and supporters are seen as ' customers' where clubs and the media want every last penny in your pocket. You only have to listen to the sterile atmosphere at premier league grounds these days to understand this.

I know many at Spurs who have been priced out over the years, proper vocal supporters. The club is happy to ditch them for a customer with more money that will sit nicely and without fuss in the stadium.

The younger generation won't know any different and it's a shame, my lad looks at me with disbelief when me or my old man tell him about times on the shelf or away games packed in singing until your voice went.

My first visit is Brighton so I can't really comment on the heavy handed approach by stewards but I don't like what I am reading on here.........
Go with an open mind mate.Maybe the stewards would have had a talking to as well

No problems standing in our part of the south stand and I’m not surrounded by casuals

If you’ve got a seat in any other part of the ground you’ve made your choice really. Don’t see what more the club can do under current regulations

No problems standing in our part of the south stand and I’m not surrounded by casuals

If you’ve got a seat in any other part of the ground you’ve made your choice really. Don’t see what more the club can do under current regulations

Good for you, but that doesn't speak for the entire south stand experience

#Jack'sAlright.

Last edited:
The number of people that looked like they were ordering their lunch and dinner when I was just trying to get a pint before the match was crazy. I'm all for getting a beer in the ground, especially at £4/pint but most of the queues are caused by people ordering food.

Probably the same people I get stuck behind at petrol stations who seem to be doing their weekly shop at BP.

Actually, you're right.

Whilst it's not illegal, the club CAN throw you out if you refuse to sit. (At any ground in the Prem)

Which just makes the whole confusing.
Also what is persistent? There are people complaining that they can't see when we have a chance. Next step is everyone locked to their seat. No standing even for a goal.

I agree with you.
You see young kids with their parents, but you don't really see groups of teenagers or groups of people in their early 20s. I have only seen a few groups in this age group.

But maybe it has always been the case that people in the their late teens and 20s stop going so much when they discover drink and drugs. But that the higher prices have made going less appealing and less likely.

For me it's the income gap between M&D paying for things and yourself being old enough to afford them for yourself.

I hate to sound like an old fart, but when i was a school kid I could fund a trip to WHL (Train from Essex + ticket) on a week's paper round money. EPL arrived and within 12 months, what was a £7 ticket shot up to around £20 and so started the rot... That was me fucked until I had the proverbial 'proper' job.

Maybe some of the 70s and 80s crew can comment:

Were there more packs of teens and early 20s on the terraces back then?

You think that died with the advent of the EPL?

....Or is it's fading a more recent thing than that?

Don’t worry everyone can sit down, and maybe a happy clapper on every seat.
Clearly the club thought the City crowd was a tad too riff raffy and loud.

We can always play that drum over the PA again, maybe bring that band from the concourse into the South Stand and get people to have running man dance offs.

As long as you stay for two hours after and ploug money into the bars, after taking a right hook from one of the clubs stewards for celebrating a goal for too long.....some cunt with a puppet behind you can’t see the pitch for his funny YouTube video you see.

Will be lovely to have West Ham sing us under the table and mug us off....at least our world class acoustics will show the whole world how loud they were. I wonder if they will be allowed to stand? Hmmmmm

And in the summer we can go and watch some cunting Yank shit with some cunts called the something Rams vs the something Pheasants, and eat corn dogs and whoop and high five.

Inspired by Dortmund they said....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Spursy
Well fucking done you wankers
Could not agree more. Well said.

Maybe some of the 70s and 80s crew can comment:

Were there more packs of teens and early 20s on the terraces back then?
YES . never felt alone or stood out.....

You think that died with the advent of the EPL?
YES. my season ticket doubled in price (which meant i gave it up)

....Or is it's fading a more recent thing than that?
Nah, the price now is ridiculous

I stood on the shelf late 70s and most of the 80s and can confirm that there were hundreds of teenagers/young adults in that area.Around 1982 it was £2.20 to get in ( or £1.10 if you were under 16!!)This golden age led to thousands of us becoming life long diehard yids.
On another note the away support was massive back then with an average age of no more than 30,I was at Liverpool two weeks ago and the average age of our support must have been 50( I too brought the average up)
So now it is way way too expensive for kids to get in(and even if they could they would be spread out and forced to sit) and it is impossible for them to access away tickets.I fear all the predictions of gloom about our new stadium will prove sadly accurate and it will become popcorn south central.The game we grew up with and loved has gone only to replaced by a sanitised, corporate version.Shame.

Exactly. I enjoyed Palace (opening game) & City (CL) but Huddersfield was comparatively poor because of heavy handed stewarding and is likely to be the norm. Does anyone actually think Brighton will be a good atmosphere?

Problem is that , now our south stand is not got the away section next to it. Wheres at old WHL it used to be south stand then we had our 1882 group from here would turn up for some games plus the away fans next door it used to always have a good atmosphere , like i remember against a few bottom league teams at old WHL we would all stand up in blocks 35/36 etc depending how many away teams would bring , but now i feel like apart from the teams like (city , united , liverpool , Woolwich, west ham and chelsea) it will be sitting down apart from the new south stand which will always have people standing

Sitting down isn't always practical though.
How the hell am i meant to be able to launch sharpened 10p pieces at away fans and the police from a sitting position,and retain my accuracy that i have got through years of practice and hard work...
Jokes aside, it was always going top be like this.maybe the authorities have had a quiet word and said if you want safe standing, get your crowd to obey the rules now.

Agreed.

Whatever happens re standing in future will be game-wide. Our stadium is irrelevant (other than we are well prepared).

Btw, as per mention of City in CL being better... Club always seems to turn a blind eye in Europe... When we're showcasing the club to the rest of the continent. Coincidence?

Back
Top Bottom