Southampton v Tottenham Hotspur | Saturday 18th March | KO: 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking at the timing of the 3 Southampton goals, they ALL come down to one thing; CONCENTRATION (or lack of!)
Their first was barely a minute into the 2nd half... (and technically only a minute or two after we'd scored at the end of the first!)

If you get a goal at the end of the half, the MAIN thing is to keep that advantage for as long as possible going into the second... not 51 seconds!

Their 2nd goal was also barely 2 or 3 minutes after we'd gone 3-1 up... AGAIN, WE had the advantage... to let them back in so soon after extending our lead smacks of complacency, and probably thinking the job was done!

And the 3rd is just about closing the last few minutes out without committing a brain fart.... something we're still unable to do with any regularity...

No, it probably wasn't a pen, but we were idiotic enough to give the ref a decision to make... and of COURSE Southampton were gonna come at us for the last few mins... they had nothing to lose... WTF did we EXPECT?

Exactly I said the same thing. He may be fan fave but he makes too many mistakes, is too casual and cocky at times and worst of just walks and then stands still with the ball. Offers no urgency. I don’t know if he dies that for argies but it ficking pisses me off. All he then does is pass the dier 2 yards away!
Yes get rid of Romero and keep quality defenders like Dier,Davies,Sanchez,Tanganga etc.😏

There’s no foul. There’s literally no contact. Was it daft and probably stupid? Sure. Would it be a foul/penalty had he made contact? Probably. But, there’s nothing.

Honestly, it’s astonishing they let that stand. Pure abdication of their duty, in my opinion.
They competed their duty perfectly.

We just don’t want to ask the uncomfortable question about what their duty really was.

Not sure you can look at that decision and say their duty was to get the decision right.

Also, the handball in the lead up to the second goal. Southampton player clearly controlled the ball with their hand. Spurs player right to him appeals and almost stops because it’s so blatant .

Obviously there was no goal scoring opportunity but it was a foul in the box which would have been given anywhere else on the field. Penalty all day long.
I disagree. Look at Sarrs action and look at the other players action. Sarr tried to kick the ball, the other players came straight leg showing studs. Never a penalty.

This isn't the managers fault.

Who the fuck do you think will come in and get the likes of Sanchez, Dier, Sess, Davies, Tanganga, Pierre, Emerson, and the rest of those soft sods to ply any better?

Look how many of those starters today (Lloris would have started if fit) were managed by Poch? Three managers ago!

Those players are the culprits not the manager.

Nonsense.

I disagree. Look at Sarrs action and look at the other players action. Sarr tried to kick the ball, the other players came straight leg showing studs. Never a penalty.

I get why people want to look at how the players need to be responsible for the result. They are.

But it was a shocking decision. Never a penalty in a million years.

Also, the penalty shout for us. Actually looked like the Southampton player lifted his left hand to save the ball but kept his right arm close to his body to cover his back and try to look like a natural position. The replay angles chosen weren't conclusive so VAR didn't overturn. Bet there were other angles on the camera plan though.

If only Dier could act...

image-w1280.jpg

Kathy Bates would make a decent manager for us and would help with motivation!

Hobbling certain players might help

1 question is why isnt there uproar over that peno. Absolutely disgraceful decision. No way is it given against scum, dippers etc. Conte needs to speak out but the prick wont

How is this not on the manager?

The bare minimum requirement is to set the team up accordingly to win, are you seriously going to tell me the players we have aren't good enough to beat fucking bottom of the table Southampton?

It could well be on the manager but you said ‘Nonsense’ with no further explanation when the poster said that with this current crop of shite we have masquerading as players any manager would probably fail!

Skill wise you’re probably correct
Player v player we should be beating the likes of Southampton/ Sheffield Utd etc every time but we don’t!

Partially down to this stubborn manager yes but unless we ship most of these players out with their poor mindset and attitude it will happen again no matter who we install

Everyone carrying on like we lost, we still got a point ! :levyeyes:

Agree but we lost two against a shite side!

Some are saying that if we got a new manager in it will all change

Will it fuck but I agree Cunte should go this week, get Ryan in and recall Winks

It could well be on the manager but you said ‘Nonsense’ with no further explanation when the poster said that with this current crop of shite we have masquerading as players any manager would probably fail!

Skill wise you’re probably correct
Player v player we should be beating the likes of Southampton/ Sheffield Utd etc every time but we don’t!

Partially down to this stubborn manager yes but unless we ship most of these players out with their poor mindset and attitude it will happen again no matter who we install

I was saying nonsense at his first sentence, how could you not look at the manager in this instance?

Conte may be fed up at the state of the club and some of his players but he is literally getting paid to do a job, I don't think it's asking for much to coach a team playing against bottom of the league side especially when you're 3-1 up.

I was saying nonsense at his first sentence, how could you not look at the manager in this instance?

Conte may be fed up at the state of the club and some of his players but he is literally getting paid to do a job, I don't think it's asking for much to coach a team playing against bottom of the league side especially when you're 3-1 up.

Agreed it’s not too much to ask with a normal set of players

Ours are generally anything but!

Exactly.Is there any player better now than before conte came? Anyone you can say became better because of his coaching. I actually think hes a terrible coach

Back
Top Bottom