Southampton v Tottenham Hotspur | Saturday 18th March | KO: 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wasn't able to watch the game live - and d'you know, I can't even bring myself to watch it on FootyFull. Times are bad.

That said, I've seen the 'penalty' and it was a complete & utter travesty. In fact, it's a free kick to Spurs. Bastards.

I think you meant insincere and that is exactly what I thought at the time.
No typo.

I thought his reaction to the goal was genuine.

However; I have felt that many of Conte's tactics & team selections since Xmas have set Spurs up to fail and he has adopted a mocking, detached persona during press conferences.

He has been inviting the sack.

Conte is a mercenary.

So is Levy.

Two bounty hunters picking over the bones of THFC.

Dire Loves to back pedal. He Loves to take his arms and tuck them behind his back. How the hell are you supposed to make a tackle like this. (The Dire is intentional)
My 16 year old kid has a friend that lives down the street who looks like Eric Dier.
I’ve banned him from my house ages ago . I won’t even say hello to him .That’s the irrational behaviour that this club does to you.
Didn’t think it was a pen but really stupid for Sarr to swing a leg at it like that. The moment he lifted his leg it had pen written all over it.
he swung a leg yes, but yer man came in like Flynn from the other side . The ball had gone

Exactly.Is there any player better now than before conte came? Anyone you can say became better because of his coaching. I actually think hes a terrible coach
I think managerial appointments are v situational. Good managers / coaches can bomb in certain environments and ditto, an average coach can overachieve. We have to be wary of the latter

We are all clearly insane by now!! Why else would we still love this club with a passion?

heath ledger batman GIF

Just got through catching up on this, eek. Thought pretty much all of our players were mediocre, with Kane and Porro a bit better than the rest. Really time to move on from the idea of Eric Dier as a weekly starter.. his passivity is incredible to watch at times. Romero frustrating again, outstanding on his day but miles from world class. Feel bad for Sarr but it was a dumb move. Sulemana and Lavia impressive.

Hojbjerg emphasising the importance of not conceding early in the second half. Next minute, Kane soft in the press, Perisic letting his man run, Dier & Lenglet nowhere near 🤦🏻‍♂️

I hope Conte’s parting gift in these comments is to shake up some of the players, but I won’t hold my breath…

I finally finished watching the game on Spursplay today and the officiating was poor IMO. I still don't think the Sarr incident was a pen. However we had a shout for one with a saints player raising his had to the ball to protect himself, reviewed and refused by VAR. However Hojbjerg gave away a free kick with a hand ball doing the same thing outside the box ? The Skipp yellow, he got to the ball on a 50/50 and caught the player afterwards unintentionally.

We were robbed.

I finally finished watching the game on Spursplay today and the officiating was poor IMO. I still don't think the Sarr incident was a pen. However we had a shout for one with a saints player raising his had to the ball to protect himself, reviewed and refused by VAR. However Hojbjerg gave away a free kick with a hand ball doing the same thing outside the box ? The Skipp yellow, he got to the ball on a 50/50 and caught the player afterwards unintentionally.

We were robbed.

Poor officiating as is increasingly common; but we were our own worst enemy...... We nearly blew it against Forest in the exact same fashion.

Back
Top Bottom