Southampton Away (Premier League) - 21/01/18 @4pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch has got to take some criticism for today. His inability and refusal to make a sub before 60 mins (regardless of everything) is beginning to piss me off. Not saying it would've changed anything today (as the whole team were piss poor) but he's gotta be more pro-active.

Poch has got to take some criticism for today. His inability and refusal to make a sub before 60 mins (regardless of everything) is beginning to piss me off. Not saying it would've changed anything today (as the whole team were piss poor) but he's gotta be more pro-active.

And the Subs he made were bemusing... Son off was weird and also bringing Wanyama on instead of Llorente was strange..

Annoying but let’s face there is no chance of us sorting out our attacking depth until summer, admittedly it’s been 2-3 seasons we have needed this but without resolving this issue we won’t ever move forward so it will have to be done.

Just imagine us without both Kane and Eriksen god forbid, Son and Dele are good players but they go missing way to often in terms of general play. What that means is that we win games 4-0 and then draw and then win and then draw etc. That doesn’t win you things.

In the mean time I do have to have question why we can only sub around 70 mins, if Mourinho gets it wrong he will change it up at 20-30 mins. We continue with the wrong setup for 70 mins. It’s a very conservative approach.

Looking at this team is so frustrating, it’s like looking at a half finished masterpiece that the artist can’t afford or be bothered to complete.

Our next fixtures... :avbshock:

DUFVuccX4AA9FNE.jpg:large

We'll be lucky to get 12 points from this and I don't think that'll be enough for top 4...

We all know we have a Top 4 1st team... problem is, with Toby out for most of the season, Wanyama only just coming back in, Dele not quite himself, and Eriksen/Lloris out today... we look painfully thin beyond our best XI... which, if i'm not mistaken, we haven't been able to field once yet this season...

A January signing always feels like a panic measure, but make no mistake, 'Agent' Sanchez will no doubt be lining up against us when we play Utd in 2 weeks... and they don't seem to be panicking!
We need to fight fire with fire, and go all out to sign one or two that will make a difference... and not the type of signings we simply loan back for the rest of the season to help someone else!

And the Subs he made were bemusing... Son off was weird and also bringing Wanyama on instead of Llorente was strange..

Son was playing poorly, but would've still kept him on as can come up with a goal (e.g. West Ham). Personally, would've brought Wanyama on for Dier (who was fucking dreadful, did you see his passing today?) as offers a bit more drive, and Lllronte/Lamela for Sissoko. Definitely wouldn't have taken Dembele off as at least he was trying to get forward.

Lamela had so much chances to pass the ball faster, but noo, he loves to wait ffs. every attack.

First touch by the whole teams was terrible today, but Dele was the worst in it. Dembele does many good thing but the last pass was always little bit slow. Frustrated.

Back
Top Bottom