Southampton Away (Premier League) - 21/01/18 @4pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah I like your optimism it’ll just be very difficult. If we line up with 3 at the back and rose and Aurier i’d give us a shot

Lol in fairness the alternative to optimism is not for me! Winds me up when people forget how far we've come as a club after a bad result or two. Hated the attitude of my Manure supporting mates when growing up who thought they had a divine right to win every game. Hope to never get like that.

It's going to be tough...we'll have to work hard and need a bit of luck along the way...but we can still get top 4...finish above Woolwich again...whilst winning the CL and Fa Cup! :) The Spurs way is to make it 'interesting' for us and I wouldn't rather support any other team! :)

#COYS

The two we will beat will be united and woolwich

I’d quite enjoy beating united they’re so arrogant and entitled over on red cafe even when it comes to Kane some of them think they have a Devine right to have him. ‘We should always be getting the top English talent’ fuck off. Cunts

We had a bad day and Southampton played well - they've probably realised that they might get relegated if they continue playing like they did at Wembley. So I'm confident they will take some points of our enemies in the remaining games.

Dembele was terrible yesterday and could have been sent off easily. The referee was incosistent, but Mousa has fouled several times before getting the yellow. Should have been off at the 50th for Wanyama who looked back to his best.
Really interesting how differently we see the game. I was sat low down so may have missed something and haven't watched the highlights (if there any) yet. From what I could see Dembele seemed to be the driving force particularly in the 1st half, picking the ball up and running with it. Amazing how opposition seem to bounce off him. Agree though with the fouls, he did seem lucky not to get booked earlier. The Southampton fans were certainly baying for his blood.

Really interesting how differently we see the game. I was sat low down so may have missed something and haven't watched the highlights (if there any) yet. From what I could see Dembele seemed to be the driving force particularly in the 1st half, picking the ball up and running with it. Amazing how opposition seem to bounce off him. Agree though with the fouls, he did seem lucky not to get booked earlier. The Southampton fans were certainly baying for his blood.
It's Poch fault, but it should have been Wanyama and Dembele yesterday who start. I understand why he relies on Dier, but there are some games he completely turns off. I meant both midfielders were terrible yesterday, also because Dier did fuck all when Dembele got pressed. He was still strong in possession, but in my eyes he easily could've been sent off.

Or Sissoko drops a bit deeper to allow Aurier and Davies even more freedom. Poch so slow on decisions yesterday, very frustrating.

You raise a really relevant point Deuce. Its something i have noticed yet tried to put aside..., our "heavy / first " touches, be it Dele, be it Dembele etc, have been very poor. In dominant positions, even in games we have won, some of the lads seem to try and hold onto the ball way too long.

I can think of so many instances where we built pressure, pressed well, and then lost possession as a result of either a poor first touch or trying to dribble past 3-4 defenders.

By the way, i think Dele and the likes of Dembele are top notch, but this has become a trait of our games recently. Even Eriksson this year has struggled in this department. Having never played the game, and speaking only as a Spurs / football fan, I struggle to fathom why ?
Yeah, its been a glaring issue when we drop points, and the game this weeekend was the worst of seen all season.

Bloody hell, I had such a long day, exhausted tired and put the laptop on my lap, put BBC sports and voila Swans 1 Liv 0 FT. I had to have a third look in case my eyes are playing
:kaneshh:
:pochsmirk:
:vert:
:wanyama:
:sonlol:
:dembelelol:

Back
Top Bottom