Southampton (A) 9th March - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The team is screaming for investment and some restructuring. Why Poch is persisting with these odd formations and shuffling the back line beats me. If you think we've lost nine league matches this season because of 'intensity' or 'passion' you need to have a word, frankly. The problems are structural, and deeper lying.

If poch doesn't make top 4 he should be sacked end of. Pissed away best squad we have had in prem league history

Or alternatively, has kept us competing with the richest teams in the world with minimal spending - and looking forward to our CL quarter final.

We're not playing well at the moment, but sacking Poch is just fucking ridiculous.

So Poch just said that it’s good we’re in a battle for top 4, as people will realise our level.

Getting really fucking bored of him talking us down. Every time we crash out of something, it’s ‘good’. I don’t think he likes the pressure either.

Well here we have it.

Thank God for 3 weeks without suffering. Spring should be here by the next time we play so at least that should provide some cheer.

Something has happened between the hours before the Burnley match and now but for this manager and this group of players, 1 point from 12 should shock them to the core. Whether it hurts as much as it does to us life long fans I doubt. But it should. They have collectively done fcuk all yet. Fcuk all if the metric is being a winner.

Blame? Too easy. In my opinion we have become arrogant, complacent and guilty of trying to adopt a model that is fraught with risk.

It has been apparent pretty much all season long that our squad has been short. We have done fcuk all incoming transfer business for over 400 days. It is mental.

But mostly this. Our biggest quality this season because it's not been our style of play, us dominating teans or our overall performances but our stubbornness. Now that has deserted us at a critical stage.

I have no idea if we will make top 4 but if there is one thing Pochettino, Levy, the happy clappers and those who stupidly and naively think just being positive is the answer must note, it's that...

You got to be on it all the time and the BEST way to do that has nearly always been to add 2/3 players every year.

We have become arrogant in nature and in application.

We lack a LEADER on the pitch and have to be careful of that being said about us from the bench.

Last edited:
We need to refresh the squad badly. 5 or 6 new faces is badly needed. Away with the lamelas, llorentes, trippiers and loads of others. No top team can keep the same exact squad every year and evolve.
We've fucked up massively. So many holes in our squad that should have been addressed years ago. No way we can bring in so many new players this summer and integrate them into the squad. Yet another fucking season of transition heading our way, wasting another precious year of our key players. Fucking sick of it

Fuck off ya prick
It's soft cunt supporters like you and that Cooper cunt that allow this decline to happen
you are an amazingly arrogant SOB, aren't you?

You've been supporting this club for a couple of years - because the football where you live is shite

and now here you are, ripping in to me and being abusive - because you believe that the way you see things - is the only way to view the situation.

Take your pathetic plastic Begbie impersonation and your shithouse "ooh look at how Scottish I am" shite and wedge it. God, you're really pathetic. Fucking pony, plastic supporters - a couple more years and you'll be on on the Manure site running the same "Shock Jock" cobblers.

I've lived through, and stayed a loyal supporter of, Spurs through periods of awful football that would have fake, plastic turkeys like you running for the hills.

Hate the fact we have 3 weeks off in all honesty - we always look so much better when we have games coming thick and fast but at least this is in 4 days time.

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Sissoko - Dier - Eriksen
Lucas - Kane - Son
Would be an absolute shame if Winks is out for this as we do lack control in there without him and Southampton are a lot better under Hassenhuttl - they should have won at Old Trafford at the weekend and they are going to be scrapping for their lives.

Our bench should be pretty strong for this one however. Likely to see Sanchez, Winks, Dele, Lamela and Llorente on there and plenty of ways to change a game. Winks to control, Dele to add more goal threat, Llorente to add an aerial presence etc

I think we'll win this. I don't think we'll see the clinical Spurs but any 3 points will do here. Get in and out there and on our holidays for 3 weeks off. We play before Man Utd, Woolwich and Chelsea so a good opportunity to open the gap and then sit back, put our feet up and watch Chelsea potentially drop points to Wolves and hope Woolwich and Man Utd kick the shit out of eachother whilst drawing the game.

COYS

This game is massive for us (and them). Badly need all 3 points, win ugly if needed, but just bloody win. Don't want to have 3 weeks off festering over more dropped points with the others up our arse and the Dippers next.

You literally spend your time, as a West Ham fan, watching Spurs matches, specifically Lamela, to find minor moments to critique and come on here to pipe about.

You are the saddest act I ever did see.

Nah mate, my life compared yours is pretty full I imagine, being you're some whack job who lives in a garden shed, surrounded by your Gifs and the crusty socks you wank into at regular intervals. Anyway, you're on ignore, you're never coming off, not interested in interacting with you and this is just a post to tease you a bit.

Just shows you that we have a team out there and not just 11 players out there every week.

It's a testament to Poch and reminiscent of how the likes of United would get by under Ferguson. Even when he brought in some of the weaker players, they'd know their role and the expectations set upon them.

I didn't realise he was still playing...
BT_Sport_Vinnie_Jones_300814_413.jpg

...thought he'd gone to Hollywood!!!

Can’t stand the cunt

I was in the Shelf in 1988 quite close to his ‘tackle ‘ on Gary Stevens which he never really recovered from

What an excellent half.

So great to have Dele back, we've missed his movement and creativity, his assist was absolutely excellent. Lucas has been an absolute threat to their back line too. Competition is always good and if he's told it's between HIM and Son to start (and not both) perhaps this'll be best for both of them.

The only negative really is that we are only 0-1 up. You'd expect the second half won't be as easy.

Back
Top Bottom