Some tip top Tottenham nostalgia

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

yes, that was definitely the way to wear the silk scarves - I had a white one with cockerel on ball dotted all over.
Ah, but did you double wrist Mrs P?
475761_LSDXI248RSE7TXBYNL7UG8J7HZQAD8_300px-kennethwilliams_H020213_L.jpg

its was from long before that.. we where in the northbank long before 1982.. remember mid 70's myself unfurling
a "Paxton road" banner when we got well under the roof & took and held the middle for the first time If I recall correctly before getting outnumbered & rushed from all sides... we ended up all over the northbank that day with lots of little offs everywhere.. even our schoolboys took there schoolboys section in them days:roflmao:
it was always the traditional game on boxing day back then & before.

I remember the numbers involved, and Woolwich had a proper mob then. The Old Bill hated that game, as they really had to earn the overtime. Mobs just rolling around the terraces, Christ knows how there were no fatalities.
The Christmas we beat them 2-0 in the Eighties to go top, (see my Avatar) and of course, the absolute Nirvana of the Semi replay against Wolves. That really was an out of body experience.
Gillespie Road after though, was extremely unsafe as it just couldn't cope with the crowds.
Oh, the carefree days of my youth. :dude:

the only day that ever beat the size of that mob imho was Chelsea away in the f.a cup when we took the piss
from Sloane square all the way down kings road & walked straight into Chelsea's main lot at worlds ends & destroyed them.
posted on that millwall day before mate when we got split afterwards at the top of ilderton road after the game!
think most yids where more afraid of the consequences from our own for taking a backward step rather than
fronting walls lot & nobody took a backward step even when all the artillery came our way out of the sky:D
that mob walking over London bridge that morning was something to behold though!.. everyone & his dog was out on show after all the threats & panorama bollocks.
happy days:D

My 'mate' - He of the Leicester infamy - knows one of the Chelsea Headhunters, who says of the Cup Game in '82, that even his hardcore mob, were shaken by the numbers we took that day.
Christ, I could go on for hours about the culture back then. :troll:

Back
Top Bottom