Some tip top Tottenham nostalgia

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

as in they only cared about each other, if they were playing each other

Who told you that?

When do you think all the anti Woolwich songs came from? They've been sung for decades all over the country...

You dont even hear them now "Hark thou.." is never sung anymore, thats from like 75 or so when they spanked us on boxing day I believe..

Today, people gloat on twitter. The fact that people complain about singing anti arse songs in other games says alot..

Who told you that?

When do you think all the anti Woolwich songs came from? They've been sung for decades all over the country...

You dont even hear them now "Hark thou.." is never sung anymore, thats from like 75 or so when they spanked us on boxing day I believe..

Today, people gloat on twitter. The fact that people complain about singing anti arse songs in other games says alot..

I know for a fact that Hark Now* was sung almost constantly at the last NLD.

I know this because I repeatedly started the chant on the walk to the ground.

They've also chosen a proper Spursy game - dominate throughout only to concede a late goal and lose.

@ 1882 1882 - the 'curse' has been around much longer than Lasagnegate, mate

#doomed

Last edited:
Who told you that?

Isn't Hark Now Hear from boxing day '82 when we took the North Bank?

its was from long before that.. we where in the northbank long before 1982.. remember mid 70's myself unfurling
a "Paxton road" banner when we got well under the roof & took and held the middle for the first time If I recall correctly before getting outnumbered & rushed from all sides... we ended up all over the northbank that day with lots of little offs everywhere.. even our schoolboys took there schoolboys section in them days:roflmao:
it was always the traditional game on boxing day back then & before.

its was from long before that.. we where in the northbank long before 1982.. remember mid 70's myself unfurling
a "Paxton road" banner when we got well under the roof & took and held the middle for the first time If I recall correctly before getting outnumbered & rushed from all sides... we ended up all over the northbank that day with lots of little offs everywhere.. even our schoolboys took there schoolboys section in them days:roflmao:
it was always the traditional game on boxing day back then & before.

Brilliant. Heard plenty of stories from boxing days long gone.

Became a yearly thing!

As i recall, the 'boxing day chant came from the game vs Milwall away on Boxing Day 1977. The previous home game (Palace on the 17th) leaflets were distributed in the Park Lane saying 'Millwall Boxing Day DONT BOTTLE IT' with the meeting point (London Bridge) & time for the long walk mob handed to the old Den.

That was not an occasion for the faint hearted but we had massive numbers there day.

As i recall, the 'boxing day chant came from the game vs Milwall away on Boxing Day 1977. The previous home game (Palace on the 17th) leaflets were distributed in the Park Lane saying 'Millwall Boxing Day DONT BOTTLE IT' with the meeting point (London Bridge) & time for the long walk mob handed to the old Den.

That was not an occasion for the faint hearted but we had massive numbers there day.

the only day that ever beat the size of that mob imho was Chelsea away in the f.a cup when we took the piss
from Sloane square all the way down kings road & walked straight into Chelsea's main lot at worlds ends & destroyed them.
posted on that millwall day before mate when we got split afterwards at the top of ilderton road after the game!
think most yids where more afraid of the consequences from our own for taking a backward step rather than
fronting walls lot & nobody took a backward step even when all the artillery came our way out of the sky:D
that mob walking over London bridge that morning was something to behold though!.. everyone & his dog was out on show after all the threats & panorama bollocks.
happy days:D

the only day that ever beat the size of that mob imho was Chelsea away in the f.a cup when we took the piss
from Sloane square all the way down kings road & walked straight into Chelsea's main lot at worlds ends & destroyed them.
posted on that millwall day before mate when we got split afterwards at the top of ilderton road after the game!
think most yids where more afraid of the consequences from our own for taking a backward step rather than
fronting walls lot & nobody took a backward step even when all the artillery came our way out of the sky:D
that mob walking over London bridge that morning was something to behold though!.. everyone & his dog was out on show after all the threats & panorama bollocks.
happy days:D

I love all this shit....you should right a book fella, I would read it. Proper old school shenanigans, none of this Trevor Tanner nonsense.

Of course if Trevor is reading this....loving your work mate *please don't kill me*

Back
Top Bottom