So it turns out Poch was right

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kekerinho

ENIC COCKROACHES OUT
He foreseen this mess we’re in when he said that we need to rebuild, the owners didn’t back our best manager in years and we ended up with cheap and shit rejects from other clubs. Imagine having to rely on the likes of Sissoko or Dier as your midfield pivot. We’re years of investment behind Liverpool and even fucking Leicester got ahead of us. Our team is painfully average. Some are below average. Just sell the fucking cunts if the offer comes in.

Last edited:
Poch was right, just like Levy was right to sack him. This group isn't good enough, but Poch's blind trust into his players are what's cost him the job at the end.

Poch isn't and never will be free of blame for his own mistakes.

You can believe that Poch was both a serial loser and that we should have had more investment.

These two opinions are not mutually exclusive.

Loved Poch, but he clearly was opinionated and utimately gave up.

However getting what pretty much amounted to hush money is pretty telling

Poch was right, just like Levy was right to sack him. This group isn't good enough, but Poch's blind trust into his players are what's cost him the job at the end.
You start so well then end silly.

He worked mircales for half a decade. He wasn't backed. Don't blame him for not being able to milk even more out (at unprecedented levels).

it was pretty obvious to anyone.

If he could foresee the mess why didnt he replace our players instead of buying no one for 18 months

that’s not his job, Poch was the manager not the board/chairman. Poch has made it clear for a while a rebuild was needed, he wanted to sell and buy.

He gave up because the squad needed a refresh, I would have backed him in the summer to rebuild but with Mourinho I’m not so confident.

I wouldn’t

He had never won anything before he rocked up with us and despite inheriting an excellent squad never seriously looked like winning anything with us

Getting to the CL was his shining achievement and he destabilised the team just before it by threatening to leave
We’re well rid

Give José the players and we’ll win something

You can believe that Poch was both a serial loser and that we should have had more investment.

That's illogical

Teams always have won more when they spend more money.

They don't obtain a winning mentality separately from the money spent. Unless you're saying it's a coincidence that success correlates with expenditure?

Poch not only didn't spend as much as rivals, he was on a pathetic shoe string budget relative to the whole damn league.

I guarantee people who say this this “serial loser” bullshit will be crying when they see Poch win multiple silverware at a club who backs him. Klopp was a serial loser too before Liverpool backed him, but he at least got to finals same as Poch did.

With Mourinho good luck rebuilding a side with limited financial capabilities

I wouldn’t

He had never won anything before he rocked up with us and despite inheriting an excellent squad never seriously looked like winning anything with us

Getting to the CL was his shining achievement and he destabilised the team just before it by threatening to leave
We’re well rid

No one is winning anything at this shit house of a club but we do have the best stadium in the land. :mourbringit: :mourear: :mourthumb:

That's illogical

Teams always have won more when they spend more money.

They don't obtain a winning mentality separately from the money spent. Unless you're saying it's a coincidence that success correlates with expenditure?

Poch not only didn't spend as much as rivals, he was on a pathetic shoe string budget relative to the whole damn league.
Tell that to Leicester even little old Wigan have won an FA cup more recently than us.

You seriously think in the 5 years he was here he could not have won at least something?
Even a league cup would do but no he could not.

He cries he jumps for joy he's everyones most liked manager but nobodies favourite.

It's time to leave the Poch myth behind.

I wouldn’t

We’re well rid

How can you say he never looked like winning anything with us then next sentence say he got us to a CL final?? He hasn’t won anything before us because he is young and has always managed underdogs with limited funds.

Now the stadium is built and we should have money he deserved to rebuild this summer even if this season was a write off. Watch I guarantee he wins things in his next job.

But Poch was also part of the problem

He gave up
I’m not saying he wasn’t part of the problem but he wasn’t the main part of the problem. The players are. I’m afraid we need a couple of seasons now to rebuild the team. But that’s of course questionable as the owners might not have the same plans.

Back
Top Bottom