Smartest ambitions for the remainder of the season...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we aim to finish 8th and dodge the Europa League?

• Yes. Fuck the Europa League. Start playing on Saturdays again and hit the domestic competitions hard

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • No. To quote Bill Nick: "If we're not in Europe, we're nothing. We're nothing."

Votes: 70 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One point that we haven't really touched on is the whole playing PL games on a Sunday due to the Europa.

I'm sick to death of going to games on a Sunday. If TV rights wasn't bad enough at shifting dates around then we have the Europa doing the same thing.

Call me nostalgic but I love a good old 3pm Saturday game... The fucker is, even if we go with playing a youth team in the 1st round we will still play loads of games on a Sunday.

We haven't won anything since 2008 I wouldn't say any trophy is worthless at this point

Its not worthless by any means.

Its just worth less than regular CL football. If you said to me EL win for the next 5 years, or CL football for the next five years, Id take the cups of course.

But if playing EL football is going to cost us.....which it does....and we havent even made one single final yet, then Id take the first step towards CL football on a long term basis. And thats a top 4 finish.

More the lifelong fan bit which directly preceded that. Or were you refering to sturridge or suarez?

Or maybe the conjunction that separated the words.

You seem to be struggling, so I'll help you out:
"Or" was the conjunction, not "And", meaning that the clause of Modric meant that for him to have pledged loyalty he would have had to have been a lifelong fan or have already achieved a lot a the club coming through the ranks to feel an unquestionable affinity for the club.

As you're aware, he won nothing at spurs and was bought for a lot of money. So, aside from being a lifelong fan, why would he want to stay.

Suarez and Sturridge were covered under the 'no one bid enough for them' bit.

You're either being a troll or a bit odd?

More the lifelong fan bit which directly preceded that. Or were you refering to sturridge or suarez?

NO player is a lifelong fan any more... even if they grew up supporting a certain club, once their/any rival club stump up enough cash, the badge on the shirt they kiss may as well be a picture of a Pound sign!!

NO player is a lifelong fan any more... even if they grew up supporting a certain club, once their/any rival club stump up enough cash, the badge on the shirt they kiss may as well be a picture of a Pound sign!!
Unless it's their boyhood club

I think you do get them - Gerrard, King, Le Tissier to name a few in the PL times off the top of my head.

I think he's just trolling though tbh (not you, eskimo)

Edit: before he starts again, that's reference to long term loyalty not being a fan since the womb....

I think what people (especially me) are pissed off most about, is that Gerrard never went to Chelsea when he had the chance, and therefore they may not have started making noises (and unsettling) Modric when they did... and that Real didn't offer £100m for Suarez instead of Bale!

Personally, we've been selling off the crown Jewels since Gazza went to Lazio for £8m when it shoulda been double! (had he not embedded his knee-cap onto Gary Charles' shin bone first...!)
we've been self-inflicting transfer pain on ourselves ever since!

I think you do get them - Gerrard, King, Le Tissier to name a few in the PL times off the top of my head.

I think he's just trolling though tbh (not you, eskimo)

Yeah, when WE'RE in for a player... they're suddenly the most loyal to their local mid-table team and stay an entire career!
SPURSY!

For what it's worth, HAD King been fit his entire career, we may have benefited fully, but as it was, the amount of game-time he actually got, it was like he was on loan for us half the time!

Yeah, when WE'RE in for a player... they're suddenly the most loyal to their local mid-table team and stay an entire career!
SPURSY!

For what it's worth, HAD King been fit his entire career, we may have benefited fully, but as it was, the amount of game-time he actually got, it was like he was on loan for us half the time!

I think Le Tiss turned down United too, didn't he?

Shame really, I really think he was overlooked in his career and underrated due to this loyalty

It wasnt so long ago when people slated the manager for disrespecting the EL and playing the kids, in his quest to preserve our league form.
So we can qualify next season again and play the kids to preserve our league form

So we can qualify next season again and play the kids to preserve our league form

Im not saying we should play the kids. Id rather not be in it.

Where has playing a strong team the last two seasons got us? Injuries, tiredness and knocked out.

If we were getting to finals, and pushing on in the competition, Id half understand. We are not even nearly men with a full strength team.

Im not saying we should play the kids. Id rather not be in it.

Where has playing a strong team the last two seasons got us? Injuries, tiredness and knocked out.

If we were getting to finals, and pushing on in the competition, Id half understand. We are not even nearly men with a full strength team.
I just picked up on the old age Catch-22 argument around here

I guess try to do Benfica in Portugal lol ffs cunts

in the league I'd play all our new players as much as possible and gear up for the new season

If I was Levy I'd seriously axe Sherwood and Ferdinand if(when) we go out the EL Thursday fuck it put the tea lady in charge for the rest of the season

in the league I'd play all our new players as much as possible and gear up for the new season

If I was Levy I'd seriously axe Sherwood and Ferdinand if(when) we go out the EL Thursday fuck it put the tea lady in charge for the rest of the season

I'd prefer Levy take charge for the rest of the season. The absolute only reason would be that he might actually realise what's going on and do something about it

But also, we might get some better faces to use for smileys
:levylol::levystare::levywtf::levywhoa:

You leave my Mum alone, she likes her job fine!!

I'd prefer Levy take charge for the rest of the season. The absolute only reason would be that he might actually realise what's going on and do something about it

But also, we might get some better faces to use for smileys
:levylol::levystare::levywtf::levywhoa:

If this happened it would kind of be hilarious. Him just standing on the sideline in his suit with a steely gaze fixed on our players. Doesn't say a word, doesn't move, just stands, watching.

If this happened it would kind of be hilarious. Him just standing on the sideline in his suit with a steely gaze fixed on our players. Doesn't say a word, doesn't move, just stands, watching.

I don't know, might turn

levytear.gif

Into....

it_XKV3j_Xjng_RB.gif

I can't see a smart way forward at the moment with the board's current policies. If the requirement is still 4th for next season then obviously it would be better to have a 40-game season and not be in the Europa League. Nevertheless, we'd also need to change the current transfer policy to keeping our best players, aiming for 1st-3rd, and backing a manager completely with long-term footballing decisions (e.g. having a full pre-season with a player instead of making an extra quid on him).

If that manager and transfer policy doesn't change, then the league requirements have to. 4th should not be an objective and we should just be trying to win as many cups as we can enter. Either way, continuing to fight on two fronts with the current policies isn't smart.

Anyone else kind of think it would be helpful if we were to miss out on European games next season?
Do a Liverpool and take it easy and only play one game a week, since we know how terrible we are after playing mid week, considering we've only won, correct me if Im wrong once after?

I feel this would be the best thing by far for us, get all the new signings training together more, rather than flying over to god knows where in the middle of Ukraine. Should give us a much better run in the league.

Alas that would mean finishing 6th and being beat by Man U.. Which would be a right kick in the balls.

Back
Top Bottom