Sigurdsson or Holtby?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do you think is better?

• Holtby

Votes: 86 89.6%
  • Sigurdsson

Votes: 10 10.4%

• Total voters
Um, how about Neither? I don't think either of this guys is good enough, nor do I think they ever will be good enough, to play for a team with their sites set on a top 4 spot in the PL. Siggy should of been sold a year ago and Holtby needs to be loaned out again this year because he should NOT be getting any real playing time with us. We have numerous better options than both, and if we don't have them all ready, there are numerous cost effective other options out their who could be had.

I don't get why anyone thinks either of them should be taking up a spot on our team when we have players with much higher potential (ie bentaleb, Carrol, Eriksen) on the rise.

I don't think we have seen the real players yet due to Gonzo dire management playing them out of position with other players out of position behind or to the side of them.

One thing is for sure with both players, they need cover behind them as they are paper thin off the ball.

IMO both should be used in cups or backup.

I rate them behind eriksen and Lamela but ahead of Lennon and Townsend.

Um, how about Neither? I don't think either of this guys is good enough, nor do I think they ever will be good enough, to play for a team with their sites set on a top 4 spot in the PL. Siggy should of been sold a year ago and Holtby needs to be loaned out again this year because he should NOT be getting any real playing time with us. We have numerous better options than both, and if we don't have them all ready, there are numerous cost effective other options out their who could be had.

I don't get why anyone thinks either of them should be taking up a spot on our team when we have players with much higher potential (ie bentaleb, Carrol, Eriksen) on the rise.
Good, i already dont like you. :eriksenlol:

Good, i already dont like you. :eriksenlol:

Lol that's fine. But your opinion is just wrong. I don't care how nice a guy Siggy is, or how Holtby has tons of energy. Nether of these players ever will be good enough to be in the starting 11 of the team Spurs is trying to be. I think that's all anyone needs to know about them. If they want to sit on the bench their whole Spurs career, that's fine. Holtby makes a fine sub. Siggy is just a poacher and too slow for anything else we want. Why bother with him? Honestly. Dempsey was better at doing the same thing and we really didn't need him either. Just because a guy can score goals under certain circumstances does not mean he's good for us. Siggy will never be the player many want him to be. Holtby is never going to be a good enough number 10 for us, and he will unlikely be a good enough deep lying playmaker for us because he LACKS the SKILL to be. Nothing against him personally. It's pretty obvious though if you've watched last years games. So yea, if Holtby wants to be a sub and stay on cheap, let's keep him. Otherwise, see ya. If we want to be winners then we need to be as Darwinian as possible about this. We want to compete with Chelsea and Man City? Then we need to find players of a good enough caliber to play and start for either of those teams. Holtby and Siggy? Not good enough. It's time to be cut throat about this, or we will stay as a midlevel team.

Ziggy may have been a pin up to some, one of our heroes even if it was for one day
with those rare wonder goals. A sort of scary monster Viking.
His fame as Iceland's starman will always be. His golden years to come as an
absolute beginner with a new club. Great sound and vision and good under pressure.
Changes come to everybody.

Lol that's fine. But your opinion is just wrong. I don't care how nice a guy Siggy is, or how Holtby has tons of energy. Nether of these players ever will be good enough to be in the starting 11 of the team Spurs is trying to be. I think that's all anyone needs to know about them. If they want to sit on the bench their whole Spurs career, that's fine. Holtby makes a fine sub. Siggy is just a poacher and too slow for anything else we want. Why bother with him? Honestly. Dempsey was better at doing the same thing and we really didn't need him either. Just because a guy can score goals under certain circumstances does not mean he's good for us. Siggy will never be the player many want him to be. Holtby is never going to be a good enough number 10 for us, and he will unlikely be a good enough deep lying playmaker for us because he LACKS the SKILL to be. Nothing against him personally. It's pretty obvious though if you've watched last years games. So yea, if Holtby wants to be a sub and stay on cheap, let's keep him. Otherwise, see ya. If we want to be winners then we need to be as Darwinian as possible about this. We want to compete with Chelsea and Man City? Then we need to find players of a good enough caliber to play and start for either of those teams. Holtby and Siggy? Not good enough. It's time to be cut throat about this, or we will stay as a midlevel team.
i dint ever share my opinion.
i agree that we will need better players to compete with citys and crap, but yeah, lets sell Siggy and Holtby, i guess you gonna pinch in the few millions we miss after selling them to buy James Rodriguez.

...at least Siggy can come in as a sub and take some dangerous shots - Holtby is only good for running around looking like he is trying - no football talent...if Siggy goes to Palace it will be a sad day for Spurs...
COYS

Back
Top Bottom