Sigurdsson or Holtby?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do you think is better?

• Holtby

Votes: 86 89.6%
  • Sigurdsson

Votes: 10 10.4%

• Total voters
Holtby.

Look at that smile. "Paint me like one of your french girls"
PoserHotby-IMG_8986.jpg

Holtby for me, he has a lot more improvement to come, and is better suited to that role. i'm not too sure that siggurdson will improve.
and ofcourse anyone who was at that Fulham away game will know what it means to holtby, for commitment and enthusiasm we could do with a lot more holtbys, but with a bit more ability. At Kings testimonial it was loud and clear what when the it was sang "we want you to stay lewis holtby we want you to stay" I think he is one of quite a few players in the squad at the moment where its gotta happen this season or he will be gone.

Holtby.

Clutch goals notwithstanding, I've always been frustrated by Sig's slowness, poor first touch, and immobility. The goals that he has to his credit have always been despite his poor performances; I don't think I've ever watched Sig play and thought to myself "Sig is absolutely tearing them apart."

Holtby never quits. Even when he's having a poor game his vision is apparent; he's always looking for that perfect through pass.

Holtby any day although I've been quite disappointed with how it has been going for him at Spurs. Was hoping that the season we signed him he would have provided a bit of the creative spark we badly needed.

Massive Holtby fan and I'm delighted to see not only the comments from his agent, but the ITK that Poch has spoken with him quite a bit and affirmed he's a part of his plans. This last part does make sense, considering Poch was the one who announced the loan deal to Fulham therefore suggesting he himself likely tried to get him in January. Very excited to see how he implements a player who is perfect for a high intensity press.

Siggy is a quality player, no doubt about it, but he's just not made for one of the top six or seven clubs. His feet are just not quick enough to find space and pick locks in the stacked boxes the top clubs face in this league. He's much better in an open and flowing game like he faced while at Swansea. I think he'd be happier with a move elsewhere, and we could use his valuable worth in cash to improve the squad in other positions. Would be pleased to see an amiable splitting of parties this summer.

Last edited:
Holtby any day although I've been quite disappointed with how it has been going for him at Spurs. Was hoping that the season we signed him he would have provided a bit of the creative spark we badly needed.

Tbf, he was initially played out of position (LW) upon his arrival, and he struggled to get a bit of rhythm. After that, his passing just declined as he lost confidence and the squad had moved on a bit to rely so heavily on Bale. Just really poor timing. Was very excited to see him finally hitting his groove late last fall, and then it was so unfortunate it happened right before AVB got the axe. Sherwood's two man midfield of Holtby and Eriksen against West Brom was just insanely stupid, and the writing was on the wall for his move from that point on.

Funny though that Sherwood lamented later that spring he had no passer from deep, and then in his column on the WC in which he criticized Paulinho. Well guy, you dug your own grave.

Siggy for me because of his composure.

Both have a good touch, shot and vision, but I think Siggy is a lot less headless chickeny.

This is true, but I'll take a headless chicken who can actually find a through-ball in a tight space any day over the most composed of gentlemen who couldn't register an assist if his art collection depended on it.

Holtby for me. I like Siggy too, but if it was between the two of them and I'd already like to keep the likes of Lamela, Lennon, Townsend, Chadli, Eriksen etc who all play in similar positions, the wide two and the Three behind the striker.

Holtby has vision, tons of fighting spirit and a team player. He has the ability to turn the game while dictating the pass, to do that he may have to play further back on the Field. Look forward to how he will be used by Pochettino.

Back
Top Bottom