Signings we made then sold who turned out to be good

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

clevelandspur said:
Most have been mentioned Boateng, Kanoute, Zamora all in all though we haven't done too bad in this department. I do think we let Mendes go a few years too early as well and lucky Pompey went into the shit so we could get Kaboul back.

If we do end up losing Modric KPB would be a decent replacement imo
god no!

Talking of yoyo players - Crouch never made it the first time he was here.

oh and theres that chap scoring loads at Celtic - Gary Hooper

Do they count they never made the grade at spurs

Thelonious said:
clevelandspur said:
Most have been mentioned Boateng, Kanoute, Zamora all in all though we haven't done too bad in this department. I do think we let Mendes go a few years too early as well and lucky Pompey went into the shit so we could get Kaboul back.

If we do end up losing Modric KPB would be a decent replacement imo
god no!

not as good with the ball at his feet but he does score a decent amount of goals obviously nearly impossible to get a like for like replacement for Luka

Big Les Wade said:
Mendes is a good shout. CL winner with Porto. Got rid far too early. I offer you Graeme Souness as a very golden oldie Spurs reject mistake

Does Souness count, or is he strictly-speaking one of those who got "homesick"?

Thumbsup150.gif

True story.

(I did say "strictly-speaking" to cover my pedantry)

kangarisntpro said:
Postiga? Has done pretty well since he went back to Portugal
I guess you guys don't watch a lot of Portuguese football. :wink: Postiga's second spell with Porto was so bad they loaned him out to Panathinaikos! (where he scored an amazing two goals in 14 league matches :unsure: ). They managed to offload him to Sporting, where his greatest feat was to piss the hell out of their own fans. He scored 12 league goals in 3 seasons before they could trick Zaragoza into buying him. The only team where he manages to play a decent football is been the national team: 19 goals in 46 caps is not too shabby, specially considering that most of those caps are from the bench.

I think Boateng is top of my list. He has been tremendous since joining Milan.

I would have to back the KPB shout , he got himself back on track and improved immensly. I know lots of people underestimate the Italian League (myself included) but mentally it is a very hard league , the expectations and pressure are enormous and you always have to be sharp because of the way they play. Most games are decided in one or two moments while the other 85 mins are boring.

He really looks like (dare i say it) an levelheaded player with purpose and ambition.

I can't see KPB being someone who would 'replace' Modric. He has been good for Milan, granted but he hasn't got the awareness, speed of thought or light footedness of Modric. In fact he is just a very decent player who I wouldn't want to be our fulcrum.

Reptile_16 said:
Big Les Wade said:
Mendes is a good shout. CL winner with Porto. Got rid far too early. I offer you Graeme Souness as a very golden oldie Spurs reject mistake

Does Souness count, or is he strictly-speaking one of those who got "homesick"?

Liverpool to Edinburgh is still a good 220 miles... if he was SO homesick, why not sign for Hearts or Hibs??

Now Nicky Barmby, manages his hometown club... that's the way to do it!

Mendes and KPB for me.... and missing out on Jamie Redknapp's best years...

Back
Top Bottom